Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jun 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stoggsie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Alternative to I Drive accomodation

Hi Guys
Hope you're all staying safe and sane.

Looking at suitable area for choosing our accommodation for July 2021.
We will be visiting Universal (with possible 2 day WDW) without car hire so need suites / hotel / other with possible shuttle service and be within easy walking distance for restaurants.
In my mind the best location for the accommodation would be on I Drive, although would anyone have any alternatives to here that may be suitable?
Open to all possibilities.

All responses / advice is much appreciated.
Thanks Stoggsie

Edited at 09:07 PM.
Stoggsie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Idrive is the closest resort area to Universal, have you considered universals endless summer resort? it is on Idrive and will have their own transport so is likely to be more frequent and reliable than shuttles from other neighbouring hotels. Villas can be great from large families but don't often do shuttles to universal.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We don’t bother with car hire staying on IDrive , there’s so many other options , hotel shuttles, public buses and our preference which is Uber/Lyft . We tend to do IDrive first then pick up a hire car on our last or penultimate day and then head out of Orlando for wherever we are going next (Usually Vero , Gulf coast or Miami.)
There’s several properties with two bedroom units on I Drive.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

As merryweather as said try universals endless summer resort. We have booked a tui package for August next year. We are also going to get 2 day Disney ticket for magic kingdom and Hollywood studios. We have magic bands from our trip last year so will link our two day ticket to MDE . We will use uber to Disney for the two days and use the free shuttle bus hotel provides to universal.

I believe you can easily walk to I drive to use restaurants there etc. Will save some money doing it that way.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilo family
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We have booked Regal Oaks villas..walking distance to old town and some restaurants but we plan to use uber/lyft throughout.
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stoggsie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Alternative to I drive accommodation

Thanks all will check out your recommendations
Stoggsie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Have a look at Embassy Suites, very central for all the main restaurant areas. 2-room suites, free hot breakfast buffet in the mornings, free full bar and snacks for 2 hours every evening. The one actually on IDrive has free shuttles to Disney and Universal, the one on Jamaican Court only has Universal shuttles. When we stayed at the Jamaican Court one we used to walk down and get the Disney shuttle from the other one when we wanted to eat (and have a few drinks) in Disney.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List