Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile New Boiler

Looking to spend our holiday refund (if Virgin ever give it me back!) on a new boiler. DH would like one that is compatible with a nest which we'd also like to install at the same time.

Anyone that has recently had one fitted mind sharing the cost, including labour so that I know what I'm looking at as I try and gather quotes?
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had an Ideal boiler installed last April and were offered Hive/ Nest and I know that Nest are compatible with most types of condensing and combo boilers. We paid around £2200 for the boiler, installation, 2 new radiators and a thorough flushing of the system. We also had a purifier put on which extended the warranty and have it serviced once a year at about £45.We have a portable room sensor as I didn't want to link it to my phone etc at the time but I sometimes wish I had, not a deal breaker. This boiler is far more effective, effective and so much quieter than my Valiant boiler but it was over 25 years old.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VeryexcitedH View Post
Looking to spend our holiday refund (if Virgin ever give it me back!) on a new boiler. DH would like one that is compatible with a nest which we'd also like to install at the same time.

Anyone that has recently had one fitted mind sharing the cost, including labour so that I know what I'm looking at as I try and gather quotes?
Hi VE, also check out Tado V3, no monthly charge, for controlling the boiler via the internet/phone etc. Our boiler was fitted 2 years ago, purchased new Tado for around £60, it's easy to self install too, Tado customer service will talk you thro it if necessary.
Old 4 Jun 20, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We got ours 3 years ago, a Worcester Bosch with the particulate filter and nest thermostat, we paid about £2400 all in.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've just had a Potterton max 40 fitted, labour costs around £500 (not had bill yet) and links directly to our previously installed tado.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Boilers are like car buying - you will get a host of opinions none of which are wrong and the bulk of the time it comes down to advertising and personal recommendations.

I'm not a fan of Bosch and if it was me I would probably go for Baxi or Vailant. However, Viessmann is up there with the best and getting brilliant reviews from the Trade

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Most boilers are compatible with Nest / Hive as they are the controller and thermostat which work to open standards.

If you want to use it for controlling other devices such as lights, in the UK Hive is probably better as Nest is more US product based.

Edited at 11:59 AM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Turtles
Proud to wear my Ears

This week we have changed from a Bosch condensed to a Bosch combi boiler total price £2880. This includes moving the boiler from downstairs to upstairs one new radiator, a towel rail, TRV's fitted to 7 rads and vat. All the rubbish including old tank removed from site and all holes filled.
Turtles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi VE, also check out Tado V3, no monthly charge, for controlling the boiler via the internet/phone etc. Our boiler was fitted 2 years ago, purchased new Tado for around £60, it's easy to self install too, Tado customer service will talk you thro it if necessary.
Tado is what I have settled on when I ever get around to it.

Last year we put in a Worcester Bosch gas boiler. The engineers we spoke to wouldn't install anything else. The plusses are the extended warranty you can get (ours is 10 years) and their exceptional customer experience (which I have experienced twice - they helped out big time on the phone and had two engineer visits). Turned out there were no issues with boiler but there were no issues at all with them helping us.

Edited at 10:50 AM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

We had a worcester bosch combi fitted , replaced old conventional system in situ removed old tanks etc, flushed system was iirc 1800 all in , serviced once a year 50 quid for the 10 year warranty. used warranty once, bloke out the next day issue sorted no qualms

compatible with nest but we dont have it cant see the need/point
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List