Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 May 14, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Loving this already!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh I do love a good food report, and I am liking this great pictures
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Really looking forward to trying splitsville
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

great so far! shame you weren't feeling great
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Day 3

I don't have any pics from earlier in the day as we were on the KTTK tour and photos were banned we got lunch at Columbia Harbor House included with the tour, I had fried shrimp with fries, Chris had nuggets and fries. I also had a neon orange Fanta. Standard deep fried CS fare, not bad at all.

Victoria and Alberts Dinner

Well all I can say is WOW. What an amazing night. Just incredible. Once again though, I wish I hadn't felt on the edge of ill, I was done before the cheese course which was heartbreaking

To start we both had an amuse bouche which was a tiny piece of salmon tartare with wild mushrooms and a parmesan crouton:

A small morsel of perfection. So many flavours and textures in just one mouthful

For our first appetizer course I had the Octopus a la plancha:

Chris went for the pintade (a small game bird like a pheasant or guinea fowl):

Both tasted as beautiful as they looked!

The next course we both chose the Masago crusted Maine Scallop:

This was stunning. It was served with a curry broth, but this was extremely mild. We stuck together for the next course too and went for the quail:

This was probably my favourite course, the quail was stuffed with a beautiful creamy cheese filling, and it was served with delightful crisp and tart poached pears. Gorgeous!

Next course, I picked the duck:

This was served with little teeny tiny pieces of blood orange, so tasty (I LOVE duck) but I was flagging by this point... Chris had the lamb:

He declared this the best dish of the holiday (still the case). Beautifully cooked and all the elements blended together perfectly.

We both went for the cheese for the next course, but I was seriously struggling so our lovely server said she would box it up for me to take away.

I never did eat it though Chris said it was alright but to be honest they were quite strong cheeses, and while we are both big cheese lovers we are not quite at the sophisticated level he said the accompaniments worked very well. At this point we were asked if we wanted coffee (as it took a while to brew), Chris did and the coffee maker was brought to our table and started off - how cool does this look:

Finally, we both had the banana gateaux for dessert. This was truly a work of art to behold:

This was sooooo tasty and I was able to have a bit of a go after skipping the cheese. The brandy snap tuile was pretty much full of cream though so it was soooo rich. It was lovely though. The caramelized bananas were lush.

We were then presented with some lovely little petit fours, but we were done by this point so they were boxed up and we ate them the day after..

So pretty!

All in all this was a fantastic night, if you can find any money in your budget for it I would sooo recommend you go. You get looked after so well, the atmosphere is tranquil and beautiful, and the food is visually stunning and tastes fantastic. One of the best nights ever
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Oooh, Chris also had the wine pairings, which he judged to be excellent. They were very generous pours for a tasting menu. Unfortunately this made the majority of the other wines on the trip seem very poor in comparison
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

It all looks so lovely.
Nov2007-All Star Movies,Feb2009-All Star Music,Oct2009- Coronado Springs, Sept2010-Pop Century, Oct2011-Quality Inn Suites & Caribbean Beach,Sept2012-All Star Sports,May2014 Saratoga Springs,May2016 Saratoga Springs Oct2023 Davenport Villa
Robin Sparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Great report! I'm loving it so far and can't wait for the next instalment!

V&A looks simply amazing! If we weren't with the kids we'd book an ADR in a heartbeat
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Last one for the night

Day 7

Hollywood Studios CS Lunch

We grabbed a CS lunch from the windows on Sunset Boulevard next to Fairfax Fare. Chris got a pizza from Catalina Eddie's:

I got chicken nuggets and fries from the window next to it, can't remember the name of it:

We both had the vanilla cake with chocolate custard, this was lovely til you reached the bottom as it had gone a bit watery...all in all pretty standard CS fare.

Les Chefs de France Dinner

We had a nice meal here but it was the only place we went where we felt really rushed. We had a lovely table by the window and they clearly wanted us out before Illuminations. Shame cos otherwise this would have been a really nice meal, as it is I probably wouldn't bother returning (I might consider it for the, dare I say it, obscenely attractive waiters! Sorry Chris...).

We received half a warm baguette and butter first. This was really nice:

For my entrée I had the Coquilles St Jacques:

Giant prawns and scallops in a lovely, herby broth, soooo good.

Chris had the duck, this was a confit leg and and a pan fried breast, he enjoyed this:

It was nice to actually get some vegetables...He also ordered the recommended wine pairing, which was a red. He said this was disgusting and to be honest it looked really cheap and runny. Bit disappointing from a 'French' restaurant as you'd expect them to take pride in their wine.

I then had the strawberry and raspberry cream cake:

This was really nice and light. Chris had the profiteroles which again he enjoyed:

So basically, we did enjoy the food, I'm really glad we went, but I'll probably give it a miss next time and try somewhere else!

Edited at 10:08 PM. Reason: Missed something out!
Old 25 May 14, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great report ! Such a shame you weren't feeling too good though.
WOW at the V&A food - looks amazing.