Notices

Old 7 Jul 19, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies 5th Element 2019. Day 15, Nails, Shopping, Mini Golf, Rock N Brews

So today was a free day on the planner which meant letting everyone wake up when they felt like it and then deciding what to do.

I was up at 8am and unsurprisingly Kieran was already up and had his breakfast. Kevin was up shortly after. Kevin and I sat out by the pool watching the wildlife as usual. The rabbits were out, and a big crane flew in to visit. It was a lovely sunny morning after all that rain.

My first plan for today was a wee self MOT so I had a wee facial with my Clarins stuff, plucked my beard, dyed my eyebrows. What is that about? Why is it when us woman get to a certain age do places we want hair start going bald (brows) and have to be dyed to show up, yet places that should be fuzz free (chin) start sprouting? So not fair. My eyebrows disappear in the sun so I bring eyelure brow dye with me

That all done I got kevin to drop me at the nail spa along the road at Cagan Crossings.

My gel French manicure was looking a bit shadowed at the tips now and I hate when my nails don't look perfect. That was one of the money saving things I was supposed to do when I stopped work. Give up my thrice weekly manicure. But I just can't stand not having them done after all these years of keeping them perfect.

You can make an apt or just walk in and wait for the first technician like I did. I was taken straight away. This place was ok and she did a decent enough job. I am so fussy about my nails I go to a wee Thai girl in Glasgow that I think is the best nail technician ever. When she goes home to Thailand on holiday each year and I have to use somewhere else I'm never happy, so I know I'm hard to please. This was $25 and I gave her a $5 tip.

I finished in there and when I messaged Kevin he was in Walmart with the girls looking at suitcases. Caitlin has paid for an extra bag going home so needs to buy a cheap light one. She has done lots of shopping that I've not listed in the trip report as some of it is for family and they are reading the reports. She got a suitcase for $53 that only weighs 3kg. With a wee one inside weighing 1.5kg that will do as max weight hand luggage and 2 wee bags. A whole set actually

The girls wanted dropped at the premium outlets to do more shopping, well more Victoria's Secret really, and Kieran wanted to do mini golf.

We left at 12 and reached the outlets by 12:30. I couldn't decide whether to go shopping or go to mini golf.

The girls headed straight for Victoria's Secret. Kevin wanted to go into Ralph Lauren (yet again). 35 minutes in RL decided it for me. I was definitely not in the mood for shopping. Kevin bought 2 pairs of jeans and a shirt using his 40% email discount again.

I knew what I WAS in the mood for. The only other shop in the international dr outlets that you don't get at Vineland.

Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate

I got 20 milk chocolate

And 10 of each of these 8 flavours.

I took 3 wee extra clear bags so I could make each of the kids a bag with 1 of each flavour.

Told the girls we were leaving and drove to Fantasia Gardens mini golf (near the swan and dolphin hotel) 20mins down the road. We get free mini golf with our Disney ultimate tickets so no charge and parking the the mini golf places is free. These are the prices if you don't have ultimates.

Being Saturday, it was up to a 35min wait for the Gardens course (fun Disney themed, takes 30mins to play), or 10 mins wait for the fairways course (plain, flatter, like a golf course, takes 60mins to play). We wanted the Gardens so checked in. Plenty of seating in the shade with nice big fans to keep you cool. I actually enjoyed the wait! It was lovely and breezy and plenty of people watching opportunities. I also wrote the trip report up to this point so far. Kevin and Kieran were playing the games dotted around

while we were waiting the man at the desk was weather watching an iPad and said we might not get long as they expected a storm coming in.

We got called to play

then just as we finished hole 10 an announcement came over to say they were closing due to incoming lightning and we had to leave the course. At the same time hannah messaged to say they were done shopping. Nice timing eh? Told Hannah we were 20 minutes away from picking them up and sure enough as we drove up there was some lightning, even though it was still sunny. Weird! Kieran counted up the score card and he had won. Just.

The driving over here has been a lot crazier than previous years. There have been so many times folk have cut right across lanes in front of us this trip. Check this guy, 70mph on a motorbike, no helmet and no hands while he roots around in his bag. Bear in mind he was doing that for so long I had time to notice him, open my phone and take umpteen pics. Loonball!

Picked the girls up. Hannah had bought 2 tops in Charlotte Russe.

arrived back at the villa at just after 4pm for some chill time. The boys played pool

And I packed everything we've bought into a suitcase and weighed it. 18kg. Woo hoo! I still have at least 5kg to buy! Sshhhh - don't tell kevin!

the rain was full on biblical stuff now

Dinner tonight was to be Rock & Brews, which Randy the Villa owner had kindly given us a gift card for. He had suggested using it on a Friday or Saturday night when the live music would be on. The girls had been happy for an opportunity to dress up a bit. I say had. As by this time poor Caitlin was a complete snuffleupagus and now also had a sore head. She's been trying everything from the equate stuff, Sudafed, paracetamol, not all at the same time mind. She decided she just wanted to stay in herself with last nights Olive Garden pasta wrapped in a big blanket. Who could blame her the wee soul. Plus we have Animal Kingdom planned for tomorrow and that's Caitlins absolute favourite park, so she hopes to feel better for that. I turned the aircon off as I think that might be making it worse. Even though I have it set at 75 degrees so it doesn't often have to kick in. I don't like it cold.

So the 4 of us got ready and set off for the restaurant at 6:45 feeling weird without our wee 5th element. I felt sufficiently rock chick in my new top from Way Out West. Lol - Mad old bird alert.

Arrived and were told 25-35 minutes for a table. We waited 20Mins Long enough for me to drink a Ginny Hendrix from the bar.

We can see why Randy thought Kevin would love it. Check out those beers!

but this time round I'm not in the insurance for the car and Kevin refuses to have one and still drive so he didn't sample anything.

We ordered fillet steak for me. It was small but very tasty

Freebird chicken for Hannah.

R&B pizza for Kieran

Demon chicken for Kevin

I had a Smoke On The Water next which was very theatrical and lovely and sweet

then we had a couple of desserts to share

Purple rain drops

And a brownie sundae. I don't think it's really a sundae though. More a brownie with cream

I loved the atmosphere of this place playing everything from 80s soft rock/pop to Motown to Eric Clapton.

Very busy and loud. There was a live band starting up as we left at 9:15 but we couldn't stay as hannah was saying she wasn't feeling well now. Uh oh. Not sure if it's the cold or lack of sleep (Hannah needs a LOT of sleep but ends up staying awake late) but we needed to head home. Pity, I love a live band and they were sounding pretty good. Ah well.

So all in all the food was good, but not a patch on Teak, which still trumps everything else so far. 10/10 for atmosphere though. Would be perfect if you had the luxury of a wee couples night out. Maybe I can persuade kevin to come back with me one night and leave the kids in. That's what Uber is for right?

Home, Hannah went straight to bed after some medicine, and I gave Kieran a game of pool before uploading the trip report. Kevin carried on playing pool with Kieran.

Caitlin was snuggled on the couch watching a Harry Potter film and said she thought having the aircon off had helped her sweat the cold out a bit. Let's hope she has a good nights sleep and feels better tomorrow.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 7 Jul 19 3:18 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

It’s 4.15am here and I can’t sleep, so what better way of occupying my time than reading your report.. thanks so much for sharing. I’d love to do a really long trip so that we can plan in a day with no plans at all.

Have a wonderful day at Animal Kingdom- hope the girls feel better!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice relaxing day but a shame Caitlin is still feeling poorly.
Hope Hannah and Caitlin are both feeling better today and you enjoy your day at AK.
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love your outfit you look fab. Sorry the girls are feeling poorly hope they are better for today x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

We did that Lindt shop a couple of weeks ago - pure heaven for a chocoholic like me!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Ah poor Caitlin, hope she feels better soon and that Hannah is able to sleep herself right 😊

Love your rock chick outfit, looked perfect for Rock & Brews! Hope you manage to make it back there

Great report as always xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneynut23
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Have really enjoyed reading about your lovely family holiday, sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing.
Disneynut23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Haha Helen, love your pampering session 😉I gave up and had my eyebrows tatooed and I love them now 😊. Hope the girls are OK for AK. Nice to see a review of Rock and Brew, and your outfit looked fabulous.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brill chilled out day. Just been showing my husband rock and brews another one to add to the list!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List