Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We haven't eaten at either but I like the wide choice at the Boathouse. DD will probably have fish or a burger so we will pay oop for that
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

loved the Boathouse atmosphere and service was very good and had a drink outside on the dockside bar very good
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyHammer
Gone all Goofy

Just back and went to Boathouse twice and Narcoosses once.
First time at Boathouse it was our wedding anniversary so just the two of us. We sat outside and used dining plan and actually thought it would have been better to pay oop. Even though there was a note on the reservation nothing was said about our anniversary which was a shame. I had a fillet with crab and my wife a sirloin steak, desert was a struggle. Second time we went with our daughters and another family and their children and paid oop. I had ribeye steak to share with my wife and it was good but we ordered fries (after reading so much about not getting a side) which was a mistake as the steak came with wedges. I felt they could have said that when we ordered as our girls had kids meals that came with fries so why would we want another side. The fact we didn't need to have a desert was a relief unlike when on dining plan.
Narcoosses with all the family was brilliant and they made a fuss over our anniversary. We have been going there for 16 years and we always have a great meal.
Overall, I rate both restaurants but there is definitely a louder atmosphere and possibly a more rushed attitude to the Boathouse but I guess that comes from being at The Springs.
Never tried Citricos but always hear good things about it... Next time!
MickeyHammer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good to see the good reviews for The Boathouse as we have an ADR for our anniversary on 18th Oct
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

We went to the boathouse for our anniversary last week and it was ok but not amazing. It felt quite rushed and the service wasn't what I had expected really. No one took the time to explain the menu and the whole experience felt a bit disjointed. I did notice other tables getting lots of attention though so perhaps we were just unlucky. We did have our children with us whereas the other tables didn't- I don't know if that made a difference or not though. The food was pleasant, not the best we'd had though by a long shot and if I'm honest we won't be rushing back.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

Admittedly, I haven't been to either, and was having similar thoughts about choosing between both. I've gone for Citrico's, as having asked questions about both, Citrico's is a quieter and more relaxed venue, and I've heard that the Boathouse can be quite noisy and a tad chaotic.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread