Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 May 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I've been to both and if you go to DLP with a WDW mindset then of course DLP won't measure up. They're totally different experiences, totally different countries etc. If you've been to WDW you really need to go to DLP with an open mind - that way you might enjoy it. I went to WDW before I went to DLP and I did keep an open mind and thoroughly enjoyed DLP because I didn't compare them - I looked at them as 2 different experiences in their own right.
Our only trip to DLP was in 2004 which was after we had been a couple of times to WDW. I have to say I did go expecting a similar experience and I was disappointed (hence why we haven't been since), although Hotel New York was very nice. We are going again in August and I am approaching it with a completely different mindset and I have also prepared DD (who was 1 yo last time at DLP) not to expect WDW.

Hopefully my new approach will mean that I will enjoy it more rather than constantly thinking "Well, it wouldn't be like that in Florida".

Here's hoping anyway.
Old 26 May 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Going to disagree on this. The public areas were nice but the rooms weren't great at all. I chose it purely because it had recently had a refurb but it was cheaply done and already looks dated.

This is my main concern about Disney hotels across the board TBH, it's why I'm dithering so much in choosing one for my trip. Any other holiday and I'd just pick a better brand offsite but I really want the whole MDE. Fully admit to being a hotel snob though - it's the one area of my life where I like to splurge!

But I'm going a bit off topic now.
That's really odd, out of our previous 7 trips the one in April was our first time onsite, before that we have stayed at Dreamcastle, Magic Circus, and Kyriad, and after staying at NPB we have said we would never stay offsite again as we much preferred the NPB hotel over those 3 hotels (obviously the walking distance helps, but we actually preferred the rooms as well).

I guess its what your expectations are for hotels, however if you want to stay offsite, and you found NPB to be a let down, then I can't imagine you being impressed with any of the above 3 hotels (if any of them was what you are thinking), although I could be completely wrong on this, and you may love it
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
That's really odd, out of our previous 7 trips the one in April was our first time onsite, before that we have stayed at Dreamcastle, Magic Circus, and Kyriad, and after staying at NPB we have said we would never stay offsite again as we much preferred the NPB hotel over those 3 hotels (obviously the walking distance helps, but we actually preferred the rooms as well).

I guess its what your expectations are for hotels, however if you want to stay offsite, and you found NPB to be a let down, then I can't imagine you being impressed with any of the above 3 hotels (if any of them was what you are thinking), although I could be completely wrong on this, and you may love it
Sorry, I should have clarified in my post - my next trip is WDW, not DLP. Just got back from DLP about a month ago. No plans to go back at this point.

So off site at WDW for me would be the likes of Four Seasons Orlando, etc. The Disney resorts remind me of (some) Vegas properties in many ways. Lots of money pumped into the common areas which are beautiful, but the rooms are pretty bog standard - especially for the price paid. But the renovations at YC suggest that they're trying to move their deluxe market up a bit, which is good.

I'm not a "the room is only to sleep and shower" kind of person, hence the splurging. But I really want to try the onsite bubble experience. Have spent enough time in Florida (not Disney related) without it.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List