Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Aug 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
Well that day started off a bit easier than yesterday. I'm looking forward to reading about Boston over the next few days and getting some tips for when I finally get to visit.
It's a great town - we're getting a day there later in the year en route to Saint Paul (and my mother).

I can't promise *many* tips, though - DM and I spent almost all our time at the figure skating. But perhaps some of Poot's interests will dovetail with yours? How do you feel about meteorites?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
It's a great town - we're getting a day there later in the year en route to Saint Paul (and my mother).

I can't promise *many* tips, though - DM and I spent almost all our time at the figure skating. But perhaps some of Poot's interests will dovetail with yours? How do you feel about meteorites?
Saint Paul as in Minneapolis/St Paul the Twin Cities? I flew into there when visiting my aunt many years ago and spent a bit of time exploring before going on to Wisconsin. I was 18 and went over by myself. Happy times.

As for meteorites; they are the first thing I consider before picking any holiday destination. Obvs!
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
Saint Paul as in Minneapolis/St Paul the Twin Cities? I flew into there when visiting my aunt many years ago and spent a bit of time exploring before going on to Wisconsin. I was 18 and went over by myself. Happy times.

As for meteorites; they are the first thing I consider before picking any holiday destination. Obvs!

Yes - I was born in Enniskillen but (mostly) grew up in Saint Paul. It's a great city. As you say, happy days.

And - - nice. I can clearly see I'll have to be on my "A" game for these replies.
Old 1 Nov 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you arrived in one piece, with luggage and wits attached.

The configuration on BA does look really nice. We flew to Washington DC 2 years ago (it was a surprise for the BFs birthday) and Virgin had a lovely plane configuration where the seats in economy were 2-4-2 so we sat just the two of us. It was so nice to have window AND aisle.

I fully support Poot's cheese shop question, and am very impressed the concierge knew exactly where it was.

Bother hotels look excellent and well done for getting them close to each other. I bet the chaps loved the manly police station hotel

I'm afraid Love Actually is one of my go-to Christmas films, usually while drinking mulled cider and wrapping the presents. I too weep for poor Emma Thompson and am so sad for Laura Linney. I thought the whole point is that Martine McCutcheon isn't really 'chubby', people are just horrid to her, which makes you like her more. We also now always refer to Ant & Dec as "Ant Or Dec in our house because of Love Actually.

I am welcoming any Christmas film recommendations though, if you have them

How nice that you get on so well with your mum and can plan these trips to meet up. I imagine that first night in the hotel together was perfect as you were able to catch up and have a good natter without boring the boys.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Glad you arrived in one piece, with luggage and wits attached.

The configuration on BA does look really nice. We flew to Washington DC 2 years ago (it was a surprise for the BFs birthday) and Virgin had a lovely plane configuration where the seats in economy were 2-4-2 so we sat just the two of us. It was so nice to have window AND aisle.

I fully support Poot's cheese shop question, and am very impressed the concierge knew exactly where it was.

Bother hotels look excellent and well done for getting them close to each other. I bet the chaps loved the manly police station hotel

I'm afraid Love Actually is one of my go-to Christmas films, usually while drinking mulled cider and wrapping the presents. I too weep for poor Emma Thompson and am so sad for Laura Linney. I thought the whole point is that Martine McCutcheon isn't really 'chubby', people are just horrid to her, which makes you like her more. We also now always refer to Ant & Dec as "Ant Or Dec in our house because of Love Actually.

I am welcoming any Christmas film recommendations though, if you have them

How nice that you get on so well with your mum and can plan these trips to meet up. I imagine that first night in the hotel together was perfect as you were able to catch up and have a good natter without boring the boys.
Ooh, this has gotten me thinking...I am a giant child - so aside from Blackadder's Christmas Carol, I always watch the half-hour version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas and of course, A Charlie Brown Christmas. And The Muppet Christmas Carol.

As for grown-up Christmas movies, I am a TOTAL sucker for the cheesy Hallmark ones...(I know I've jabbered about this one before...):

...oh, and White Christmas, obviously.

And maybe I missed the "chubby point" with LA. I am a TEENSY bit sensitive about that particular issue......but I couldn't help but wonder...if they could have made the point better with an actress whose collarbones we COULDN'T see?
Old 8 Dec 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I'll have to have a look for Mrs Miracle on TV this Christmas.

They have quite a few of the Disney Christmas offerings on our TV's on-demand service at the moment, so that's my Christmas card writing background noise sorted. Mickey's Christmas Carol, Beauty & The Beast Enchanted Christmas, Muppet's Christmas Carol etc.

My boss has recommended The Holiday as a good Christmas film, but I haven't seen that either.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
I'll have to have a look for Mrs Miracle on TV this Christmas.

They have quite a few of the Disney Christmas offerings on our TV's on-demand service at the moment, so that's my Christmas card writing background noise sorted. Mickey's Christmas Carol, Beauty & The Beast Enchanted Christmas, Muppet's Christmas Carol etc.

My boss has recommended The Holiday as a good Christmas film, but I haven't seen that either.

OK - it's on tomorrow, Sunday and Wednesday (on Christmas 24 & Christmas 24+1).

It was also on earlier this week - and I had it on in the background while I inserted the photos (WHY does this take me so long?) into today's TR post!