Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 15 Aug 17, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

Planning our Disneymoon - help please!

Hello all,

It's been three months since we got back from our first trip to WDW, and within that time my boyfriend has proposed and now I am of course planning a Disneymoon! Woohoo!

I would absolutely love to stay at The Beach Club resort, we visited Beaches and Cream when we went in May and I fell in love with the pool area and the hotel in general. I realise this will not be cheap but we're hoping to catch the free Disney dining offer through Virgin next year to go away October 2019.

I've tried pricing up holidays for next October just to give me an idea of prices, but Virgin have no dates available for Beach Club, I wondered if anyone knew how quickly the hotels (beach club in particular) get booked up and when are we best to book our honeymoon?

We want to get married in October 2019, I am more concerned with booking the Disneymoon than the actual wedding at the moment! xxx
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Firstly congratulations! If you're wanting the dining plan it usually goes live in April; therefore for October 2019 you need to be booking April 2018. Nobody can really say how quickly resorts get booked up, however you can always use the American Disney site to book rooms also as the UK only receives a small allocation. We are also doing our honeymoon and the Beach Club is definitely Disney goals but it was just miles out of price range unfortunately!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Firstly congratulations! If you're wanting the dining plan it usually goes live in April; therefore for October 2019 you need to be booking April 2018. Nobody can really say how quickly resorts get booked up, however you can always use the American Disney site to book rooms also as the UK only receives a small allocation. We are also doing our honeymoon and the Beach Club is definitely Disney goals but it was just miles out of price range unfortunately!
Thank you! and thanks for the heads up I'll be sure make sure I'm ready to book by April in that case!

I know, to be honest my heart says Beach Club but realistically I'm not sure we'll be able to afford it. Wherever we stay will be amazing, I just want to benefit from free DDP, could always upgrade from quick service I guess if we go to a cheaper hotel! xx
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by EllieandCarl View Post
Thank you! and thanks for the heads up I'll be sure make sure I'm ready to book by April in that case!

I know, to be honest my heart says Beach Club but realistically I'm not sure we'll be able to afford it. Wherever we stay will be amazing, I just want to benefit from free DDP, could always upgrade from quick service I guess if we go to a cheaper hotel! xx
Have you thought of doing a split-stay? You could spend some time in Beach Club and the rest in a cheaper hotel!

Congrats btw We're also planning a 2019 wedding and honeymoon so sympathise about doing dummy bookings for prices now! xxx
Old 21 Aug 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Congratulations!

I think a spilt stay idea is probably best as it means you can at least spend a bit of time there, maybe when you first get there so it's still close to your wedding (assuming you're flying out straight away?)
We're doing something similar next year with our wedding, we're staying in a villa for our 3 weeks, but we absolutely love the look of AKL, so we're spending our wedding night in one of the Savannah view rooms.
Goosey-Lucy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

We originally had Beach Club booked for a general Disney holiday but had to cancel as OH proposed! We rebooked for our honeymoon instead, and because of the price increases we decided to go for POFQ for 10 nights. Instead we spent the extra money on upgrading our flights to Club World, and booking Portofino Bay instead of RPR at Universal for 5 nights (which we got on a great price so not much more than RPR). We decided to do Universal second because the rooms are a little more luxurious and we'd rather end with that, rather that start and 'downgrade' so to speak.

Maybe you can do a few nights at a moderate, and end with a few in Beach Club?
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List