Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Are you sure that you even rang the correct number? The number you gave in an earlier post is not the right one at all and could explain your problem - the reservations line is 00 33 1 60 30 40 50.

I got all my ADR's booked each time with that number and have used it as recently as the last week of July for this September trip with 0 problems and fantastic customer service from the cast member.

I think you're being a little unfair attacking DLP - it's not Catherine Powell's fault that TWDC have only just taken over. Before then, Paris was always seen as the secondary park with all of the money going to make the American and Asian parks continuously better (such as building a new park in Shanghai) with Paris always being left behind - what do you think will happen when it's not shown the same care and consideration? Hopefully now it will all change for the better but that's not to say that Paris was a bad park to begin with - my happiest memories, as well as many others on this board and others, come from DLP and the park is abolutely beautiful.

Honestly I think you need to remember how lucky you are that you are even going in the first place and that you can also get to some of the other parks around the world - some people will never be able to afford even a day trip to DLP.
Excellent post - some people don't know when they're well off. I see a similar attitude with some posters in the WDW DIBB forum.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
I would be one of these so called minions in my line of work, you do realise that you probably have not had a reply right from the top don't you? The company I work for I deal with the "executive" complaints, any complaints that are sent to the CEO are just dealt with by me or someone in my team, we aren't really any higher than the rest of the complaints team.

You probably would have had the same result going through then normal complaints procedure. It's always the minor complaints that seem to go to the "CEO" whereas the more serious complaints tend to just go through the normal complaints procedure, I see it day in day out in my job.

I'm glad you have got it sorted, but just be a bit careful with your words in future, there might be other people who visit here that work in a complaints department and be a little offended by your words of minions, people who work in a complaints department have it damn hard, some customers can be absolutely vile over the smallest things.
BIB: Absolutely. I used to work in the complaints department of a furniture factory - it wasn't an easy job! I certainly grew a thick skin there - I had to with all the comments I got.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I called on the 0800 number today and got excellent service.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WillowFae
Excited about Disney

We got back last weekend from our first trip - actually ended up being two trips as we were going down on our way to the south of France and at the last minute booked two nights there on the way back - and couldn't believe the meal situation. I was on hold for 25 mins trying to get through to book. I am hoping that now Disney have pretty much fully bought DLP that they will bring things up to WDW levels. Really not impressed with many aspects.
WDW April 94 (pre-kids) (non-Disney), WDW Oct 12 (villa), WDW Oct 14 (GF), WDW Aug 15 (OKW), WDW DCL Aug 16 (VB, Cruise, BCV), WDW DCL Feb 17 (AKL, Cruise, GF), DLP Aug 17 (NBCC, SL), WDW DCL Oct 17 (Poly, Cruise), WDW DCL Aug 18 (VB, POR, BLT, Cruise x 2)
WillowFae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I am really surprised to hear this! I've rung the 0800 number twice recently now, and been put through almost instantly.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I am really surprised to hear this! I've rung the 0800 number twice recently now, and been put through almost instantly.
I also had no problem getting through when I booked for my trip last week.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

I don't trust their booking system as when we went May we booked Walts at the 60 day mark no problem... mainly because when we got there on the day of our reservation to find it closed that day. We had the right day everything and we had talked to an American on the train over who was going same day as us. At least they moved ours he was leaving the following day. Bring on online booking please much easier and straightforward
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mortie View Post
Bring on online booking please much easier and straightforward
That would be great!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I get its annoying but if no one can book I don't get what the big deal is. Personally I don't want to make reservations 60 days in advance, we did last time but I'm in holiday I don't want to military plan everything.