Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
marley32
Earning My Ears

We flew Thursday last week, had seat back all ok on Heathrow-Newark route.. all surprisingly good, was more disappointed with the food really

IFE had plenty of on demand films / TV etc

The internal flight IFE was also seat back and based on DirectTV ( live TV satellite based) which you have to pay an $7.50 for each screen - with a $2 discount if you swiped 3 screens or more - there is a card reader below each screen and you need to use the same card for it to apply

Hope this helps
marley32 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by marley32 View Post
We flew Thursday last week, had seat back all ok on Heathrow-Newark route.. all surprisingly good, was more disappointed with the food really

IFE had plenty of on demand films / TV etc

The internal flight IFE was also seat back and based on DirectTV ( live TV satellite based) which you have to pay an $7.50 for each screen - with a $2 discount if you swiped 3 screens or more - there is a card reader below each screen and you need to use the same card for it to apply

Hope this helps
Great , sounds good . Suppose I'll soon find out . Got a book now and few snacks so hopefully will be ok

Thank you 👍
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We have flown united a couple of times and on both occasions one of our party had broken IFE, if I were to fly with them again with children I would take a back up just in case . (I suppose that's true of any airline I guess)Luckily it was mine that was broken and I managed to read a whole book on the way out ! The year before it my eldest who just slept the whole flight .
Old 15 Aug 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
swampie
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Magical_Unicorn View Post
So less than a week now and everything in place , packing has commenced and all on plan .

Hubby has announced today that our United flight doesn't have seat back entertainment 😮 I have read on line that the kids can still get entertainment on there iPads (me and hubby don't have one -( so not too bad altho I don't think there is charging point in economy . Any advice on what others have done . Kids are 8am and 13

I just thought all long haul would have the entertainment .

Thanx
This makes me happy as we are flying United on Saturday via Washington for 15 nights and paid £409 each. Not so sure about the entertainment or lack of though.
Old 18 Aug 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I've been looking into united as an option for us next year and I've not seen anything to suggest that they wouldn't have it. What date and where are u going from?

Also can I be mage cheeky, if u get a chance could u take some pics 😁
We flew yesterday the plane did have a very small back of seat TV but kids were more than happy with that I completely forgot to take pics but all alcoholic and soft drinks a meal were free we ended up having 3 beers (hubby ) I had a coffee coke lemonade and 3 bottles of water kids had coke cola . I really enjoyed the flight and our 2nd flight too we didn't have free alcoholic drinks so kids had more coke but I had a G&T and hubby had JD . The air hostess said this ones on me and gave it us free then we got delayed in the air due to the storms in Florida and she bought us another one each free x
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We flew yesterday the plane did have a very small back of seat TV but kids were more than happy with that I completely forgot to take pics but all alcoholic and soft drinks a meal were free we ended up having 3 beers (hubby ) I had a coffee coke lemonade and 3 bottles of water kids had coke cola . I really enjoyed the flight and our 2nd flight too we didn't have free alcoholic drinks so kids had more coke but I had a G&T and hubby had JD . The air hostess said this ones on me and gave it us free then we got delayed in the air due to the storms in Florida and she bought us another one each free x
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy sounds brill (I also love G&T). Glad it went well and sounds like it was well worth what you paid. Did they do a drinks service often in the 1st flight?
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy sounds brill (I also love G&T). Glad it went well and sounds like it was well worth what you paid. Did they do a drinks service often in the 1st flight?
We had a drink almost straight away once up in the air so 45 minutes in . Then they served breakfast , came round with tea coffee but hubby asked for another beer 🙈
Then within about 45 minutes came with bottles of waters .
Then again probably about an hour after that with bottles of water . All seemed to go pretty quiet but as it was an 8:50 flight every one had been up since middle of the night a lot of people were asleep so not sure if this impacted as was a couple of hours they came with bottles of water again but kids asked for coke cola again which they had no problem with .

The before we knew it we were having a snack and any drink again and shortly followed by another drink I had water can't remember if they offered anything else .

It really was good . I would have no problem booking again . For us the value out weighed the cost against a more expensive direct option x
Old 18 Aug 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had a drink almost straight away once up in the air so 45 minutes in . Then they served breakfast , came round with tea coffee but hubby asked for another beer 🙈
Then within about 45 minutes came with bottles of waters .
Then again probably about an hour after that with bottles of water . All seemed to go pretty quiet but as it was an 8:50 flight every one had been up since middle of the night a lot of people were asleep so not sure if this impacted as was a couple of hours they came with bottles of water again but kids asked for coke cola again which they had no problem with .

The before we knew it we were having a snack and any drink again and shortly followed by another drink I had water can't remember if they offered anything else .

It really was good . I would have no problem booking again . For us the value out weighed the cost against a more expensive direct option x
Brilliant. Sounds like it broke the flight up a lot.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List