Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 19 Aug 17, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

At most airport if have have ask for wheelchair assistance you will be the very last of the aircraft
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by jclutton View Post
Im travelling with my family, my dad can walk ok-ish but my mum and 2 brothers will need wheelchair assistance which I have already requested.
I plan on getting taking my wife and daughter through the airport as soon as I can, we are in PE so hopefully we get an empty immigration hall and as we don't live at the same address we will have to go through separate anyway, but will my dad get help with their suitcases (4) and hand luggage (2) or will they have to put them onto the second carousel?
I've heard that it can take an extra hour if they do have to do this so would be a pain if this happens.
If you have booked special assistance then you are asked to wait till everyone gets off but the assistance then takes you through the disabled line and can assist with luggage if you can manage it all instead of doing the 2nd bag drop. Luggage isnt allowed in the lift. Our assistance came all the way to our car hire too. Also you are expected to tip them. We gave $20
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Assistance at MCO is fantastic. Been using it for several years with my mum.
We don't wait till the end to get off (haven't been told to either) as wheelchairs are there waiting.

Go through shorter queue. Then my mum puts hand luggage on her knee and I take two suitcases. They always take us all the way to the care hire garage then help us load our luggage into the car. Usually tip them $10.
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Diznut View Post
hi
Assistance only goes as far as the queue then you are left to it. .
We have never experienced this. We have always been taken all the way to either our hire car or The Magical Express!
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Originally Posted by hazel.searle View Post
We have never experienced this. We have always been taken all the way to either our hire car or The Magical Express!
Us neither we have been taken both times to hire car.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I have always found they stay with you until you are ready to exit airport either by car hire or transfer. They are always lovely and helpful. We just wouldnt be able to battle through the scrum on the plane to get off, DD would be in a state of panic! We sit tight for 20 mins or so to clear the plane and get helped straight through. We managed without second bag drop last time, DH took 2 large cases through on his own and i took hand luggage on DD buggy, they dont seem to allow luggage in the lift.
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I have always found they stay with you until you are ready to exit airport either by car hire or transfer. They are always lovely and helpful. We just wouldnt be able to battle through the scrum on the plane to get off, DD would be in a state of panic! We sit tight for 20 mins or so to clear the plane and get helped straight through. We managed without second bag drop last time, DH took 2 large cases through on his own and i took hand luggage on DD buggy, they dont seem to allow luggage in the lift.
We managed without the 2nd bag drop too. I went in the lift with my son and DH and the girl who assisted us went up the stairs with the luggage.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020

Edited at 01:01 PM.
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

My assistant helped through the short queue at immigration (he actually used the "Diplomatic and Flght Crew" line and I'm neither!). He then took me up in the lift and left me while he collected my suitcase and placed it underneath the seat in the wheelchair. He then wheeled me onto the monorail and all the way to the Mears shuttle bus point. (I think I've got the sequence right). I tipped him of course but he was worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List