Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 17, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Can I miss a domestic flight?

We booked to go from MAN-MCO outbound but inbound we're doing MCO-LGW-SEN-MAN as this was the best price but we've figured out it would be cheaper to rent a car and drive back to Manchester instead of getting a taxi/bus/train to Southend airport and waiting 8 hours for the flight to Manchester.
Would we be allowed to do this? Our bags presumably wouldn't be checked all the way through to MAN with an airport change, would they? Also would we have to pay any more for not taking a leg of our trip?

Edited at 01:20 AM. Reason: Changed title
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mallzx View Post
We booked to go from MAN-MCO outbound but inbound we're doing MCO-LGW-SEN-MAN as this was the best price but we've figured out it would be cheaper to rent a car and drive back to Manchester instead of getting a taxi/bus/train to Southend airport and waiting 8 hours for the flight to Manchester.
Would we be allowed to do this? Our bags presumably wouldn't be checked all the way through to MAN with an airport change, would they? Also would we have to pay any more for not taking a leg of our trip?
We are not doing the LHR - MAN last flight next week. We land in gatwick and will go home from there. I called BA before we booked and said we don't want the last flight And they said no problem just advise the check in crew when you go for the transatlantic flight
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

You should be fine with this as you will collect your luggage before the SEN/MAN flight, so can then just head home. You would have more of s problem if you missed the first flight as the rest would be cancelled.

Edited at 01:49 AM.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Ah that's great then, so much easier that way. Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I wouldn't mention it at check in. Technically it's a reroute and liable for a re fare . Just take the boarding cards for the domestic , when you don't show up at the gate by the cut off time they'll just give your seats away to any standbys.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I wouldn't mention it at check in. Technically it's a reroute and liable for a re fare . Just take the boarding cards for the domestic , when you don't show up at the gate by the cut off time they'll just give your seats away to any standbys.
I second Duchy, don't make your intentions known as the airline may make a charge. When we returned into Man with an onward flight to Dublin I didn't complete OLCI for that route, nor advised our intention to dump the final leg. As we only had hand luggage we headed to the rail station for our train home.

Although it doesn't apply in this instance I also advise one doesn't ask to short check luggage as that too is a red flag that one intends to dump the final leg.
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
We are not doing the LHR - MAN last flight next week. We land in gatwick and will go home from there. I called BA before we booked and said we don't want the last flight And they said no problem just advise the check in crew when you go for the transatlantic flight
This is what we are doing ;same route next week too!) haven't told BA though as others on here have said.
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Agree with this.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List