Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ive just realised the mickey not sonscary party will be on during our stay. Wondering if its worth the extra expense? I would have to buy direct from disney as the cheaper floridatix tickets can only be posted and it wouldnt arrive in time seeing we are setting off to stay at gatwick premier inn tomorrow. At he moment the tickets are coming up as £230ish (much to hubbys dismay lol)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lil mousketeer View Post
We have been allocated the other side of the plane 20ABC. My DS turned 12 a couple of weeks ago, so was very pleasantly surprised to see we had been and fantastic seats too

See you all on the Dibb plane
Have a fantastic holiday everyone xx
That's good to know. We are flying again in October with BA and my son will be 12 then so hopefully we will get allocated seats again.
We are in front of Short Legs so say hi too.
Have a great holiday😎
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

Have to say hello to us then - we are in 16 abc
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lil mousketeer View Post
We have been allocated the other side of the plane 20ABC. My DS turned 12 a couple of weeks ago, so was very pleasantly surprised to see we had been and fantastic seats too

See you all on the Dibb plane
Have a fantastic holiday everyone xx
Thanks, you too! will wave from the other side!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

We fly home next week club world. My sister and her husband have 2 children aged 5 and 7. They have been allocated a seat in the middle of row 1, 2 seats in the middle of row 2 together and a window seat in row 3.

BA won't change the seats even though there are 3 together on one row and the middle 4 together in another still free.

Think the only way to do it is to put the children together in row 2, an adult in front in row 1 and the other adult on their own in row 3.
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Originally Posted by srh View Post
We fly home next week club world. My sister and her husband have 2 children aged 5 and 7. They have been allocated a seat in the middle of row 1, 2 seats in the middle of row 2 together and a window seat in row 3.

BA won't change the seats even though there are 3 together on one row and the middle 4 together in another still free.

Think the only way to do it is to put the children together in row 2, an adult in front in row 1 and the other adult on their own in row 3.
That's not great! Can they try online check in 24 hours before hand exactly on the dot to see if they can change the seats then?
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi all

Has anyone hired their car through BA? AVIS if so check out the thread Avis problems additional charges

Seems they have been adding additional charges on without agreement

I will definitely be checking my receipt says zero before I leave the garage

Katie
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by srh View Post

Although what they've given you is technically within the CAA guidelines, those guidelines don't work so well in business class due to the layout.

BA is normally quite good about this sort of thing, but their call centre can be variable in quality, I would recommend calling again (and again, if necessary).

It's actually a bit more difficult to accommodate parties with children in CW due to the smaller number of seats. I can only think of two reasons what they would refuse to give you either the row of 3 or 4 that you mentioned above. One is if the seats are in a bassinet row, they will keep the bassinet seat blocked until 3 days prior to travel. The other is that some seats on BA are blocked for their higher tier frequent flyers, but if you're not in that category you shouldn't see any such seats as available.

If calling again fails, then as mentioned above, they should check in online as soon as check in opens in order to have the best chance of moving for free, assuming they don't want to pay for seats.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KateD View Post
Hi all

Has anyone hired their car through BA? AVIS if so check out the thread Avis problems additional charges

Seems they have been adding additional charges on without agreement

I will definitely be checking my receipt says zero before I leave the garage

Katie
Hi Katie,

Yes, I've been following the threads too. Like you, I will be checking that the paperwork is zero before we leave.

We can have another Dibb meet up in the garage and compare paperwork
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
Hi Katie,

Yes, I've been following the threads too. Like you, I will be checking that the paperwork is zero before we leave.

We can have another Dibb meet up in the garage and compare paperwork
😂😂 just getting ready to leave torquay for overnight stay near Gatwick. I'll see you at check in , on the plane and at garage 👍

Kate
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List