Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Usually with weights they will let you have weight limit + 0.9kgs as they cannot charge you for a kg until you breach into the next kg

We check this with the airport everytime and this is the reply we get at check in.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Its only £10 for a extra 5kg with Thomson if you do it in advance. Well worth it. I have done it for the whole family giving us an extra 30kg!
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Went on a flight to Palma from Manchester in July saw cases getting emptied as young people going on hols after A levels having heavy cases. I for one agree with the weight rules, we all book our holidays and the booking always tell us how much we can take and always give us the option to buy more, so why do people think it's unfair when the airports want to charge inflated prices for additional weight.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

They are very strict with the luggage allowance but saying that 2 years ago our pooled luggage including hand luggage was 3 KG over and they let it go,
but after overhearing a couple of conversations in the bar area while waiting for the plane other people were not so lucky.
I put it down to arriving early at the airport and my other half was very chatty with the clerk at check in.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

They are quite strict. Very slightly over is ok but a kilo over isn't. It really depends on the member of staff.
Maybe try to get them down slightly or at least know what you could take out at the airport if you need to.
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

We have found that, with Thomson, if you don't buy the extra baggage allowance when you book, you can buy it for the return flight only at a later date. We put a small case inside a larger one and bring three cases back, all within the limit and it has worked well for the last few trips we've made.
Old 19 Aug 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Griff_389 View Post
23kg is a health and safety limit, not them being picky.
I'd do something about it personally.
It's not if you fly business you can have 32 per bag
The 23 is what they will allow 1 person to carry anything over needs 2

Edited at 02:24 PM.
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
last year I got a hard time because I was holding one of those leather folder wallets with our travel documents in it and our hand luggage was right on the weight limit... it must have weighed a couple of hundred grams if you were lucky !

Now when they start weighing passengers, that is when I will be in trouble
You an me I'm built for comfort
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TJ68
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by One Team View Post
We flew back from Sanford on Saturday and I can confirm they are very strict and the overcharges are huge, $70 a KG.

We were a few KG over and they wanted to charge us $254. After some discussion on how light our hand luggage was they pooled it and dropped the over charge to $54!

Family next to us weren't so fortunate. They were charged $450!
says on thomson website its £18/$27 per kilo if you over?

Edited at 08:40 PM.
TJ68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List