Old 19 Aug 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Dinner looks lovely , lol at the floater coffee , takes me back to Berni Inns as a child , yes I'm that old. Glad you DD get to Ellen's the next day and looking forward to Orlando. Your stay in NY has been a ton of fun.
The coffee was nice. At Christmas one of our favourite afternoon treats is a coffee with baileys in, cos Baileys isn't really alcohol, is it?

We did enjoy NY and would definitely go back in the summer as walking in the parks in the sunshine was awesome.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by clarithy View Post
Great report. I agree about the bloody Mary's, there gross!

Looking forward to Orlando section!
Haha I just wish someone had told me before we tried them...it felt like it was hard work getting to the end of the drink.

We (read I) were really excited for Orlando as there were lots of 'firsts' coming up for us.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Hey. Great start to your report. I've just caught up, being back at school is truly impacting on my Dibb reading time...

New York looks great, shame it was a bit soggy to start with. You look like you managed to do loads though.

Looking forward to hearing about this airport journey. Wouldn't be me, I have the fear after getting stuck in the middle of the turnstile in Gard de Nord a good few years ago and having to vault over the other half due to the lack of staff as it was a French transport strike, we missed our train and our flight...:angry: Hoping your story had a way better outcome.
It's so frustrating when work gets in the way of the dibb isn't it?

I think, on reflection, the cloudiness the first couple of days allowed us to keep going longer, if it had been sweltering hot we would have flagged much earlier in the day.

Oh no poor you stuck on the French metro. Don't tell anyone, I don't want to spoil the suspense, but we made it to the airport fine

Old 19 Aug 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Really enjoying this report it's too funny! Looking forward to your orlando reviews!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm late to the party as I've been in Portugal so I've been having a rest from my phone! I'm really enjoying your report so far-your hubby sounds a bit like mine...he's just asked me if I'm dibbling!?! He makes fun of me reading on here so I can just imagine the conversation we would be having if I said I was doing a trip report.
I like the chair tip, I usually just lie in the bath with a few towels. I'm laughing at the Bloody Mary's, I always like the idea of them but the last time I had one it was awful-I was shaking my head as I read you had ordered it... pleased you got a nice peach cocktail in NY.😊 We really enjoyed Katz the sandwiches were amazing, I was a bit sceptic about how fabulous they could be when they brought them back from the counter. We ordered 3 between 4 adults and totally struggled... I could just eat one now. The kids ice creams looked fab, I can't believe you didn't let him box up his dessert I'm sure it would have been the perfect breakfast. I struggled with the strawberry cheesecake but I forced it down ha ha. Don't you just love a missing bottle of wine from the bill! I hope the train to the airport isn't too bad, I can't believe the hotel charged for the bags I'd be gutted. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dimple View Post
Really enjoying this report it's too funny! Looking forward to your orlando reviews!
Thank you, I'm glad it's as funny to read as it was to be there! We managed many more puddings and cocktails in Orlando, plus I actually managed to get quite a lot of photos.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I'm late to the party as I've been in Portugal so I've been having a rest from my phone! I'm really enjoying your report so far-your hubby sounds a bit like mine...he's just asked me if I'm dibbling!?! He makes fun of me reading on here so I can just imagine the conversation we would be having if I said I was doing a trip report.
I like the chair tip, I usually just lie in the bath with a few towels. I'm laughing at the Bloody Mary's, I always like the idea of them but the last time I had one it was awful-I was shaking my head as I read you had ordered it... pleased you got a nice peach cocktail in NY.😊 We really enjoyed Katz the sandwiches were amazing, I was a bit sceptic about how fabulous they could be when they brought them back from the counter. We ordered 3 between 4 adults and totally struggled... I could just eat one now. The kids ice creams looked fab, I can't believe you didn't let him box up his dessert I'm sure it would have been the perfect breakfast. I struggled with the strawberry cheesecake but I forced it down ha ha. Don't you just love a missing bottle of wine from the bill! I hope the train to the airport isn't too bad, I can't believe the hotel charged for the bags I'd be gutted. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.
What do you mean you've let your real life get in the way of reading my report? I hope you had a wonderful time in
Portugal, but you seem to have a very short countdown? Are you on another adventure? Should I be very jealous of your international jet-setter lifestyle?

I could really eat a Katz sandwich now too. Cake for breakfast and ice cream for lunch will be a feature of the Orlando report, at least that way DS gets some variety in the rotation of nuggets, burgers and pizza meals!

Plus, I seem to have cracked the multiple replies in one, I hope you're all really proud of me, probably you're more relieved than anything as it will be easier to find the next days food post...

You'll have to hang in there for the last NYC and first Orlando food day... DH announced yesterday the 'garden needed a lot of work', I think that was code for 'what have you been up to all week while I've been back at work?' So I managed about a half an hour of wafting the duster about...today I think I'll get the hoover out and I'll probably have to use it! Next update soon, he's back at work tomorrow

Old 20 Aug 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What do you mean you've let your real life get in the way of reading my report? I hope you had a wonderful time in
Portugal, but you seem to have a very short countdown? Are you on another adventure? Should I be very jealous of your international jet-setter lifestyle?

I could really eat a Katz sandwich now too. Cake for breakfast and ice cream for lunch will be a feature of the Orlando report, at least that way DS gets some variety in the rotation of nuggets, burgers and pizza meals!

Plus, I seem to have cracked the multiple replies in one, I hope you're all really proud of me, probably you're more relieved than anything as it will be easier to find the next days food post...

You'll have to hang in there for the last NYC and first Orlando food day... DH announced yesterday the 'garden needed a lot of work', I think that was code for 'what have you been up to all week while I've been back at work?' So I managed about a half an hour of wafting the duster about...today I think I'll get the hoover out and I'll probably have to use it! Next update soon, he's back at work tomorrow
Ha ha I know it's terrible when the real world gets in the way, it means I need to binge read instead. I wish I was an international jet setter but I feel like it this summer...obviously it's all the Dibbs fault, if I wasn't reading about Universal annual pass upgrades and thinking it might be a good idea to sneak an extra holiday next year-ok lets have a look at prices this year just to see what it might be...yep can't believe my eyes at the price in front of me, followed by a quick application to renew some ESTAs just in case (I am dibb trained) while frantically texting DH to persuade him I need to book...thankfully he agreed! Only told the girls yesterday morning so it's official now, yippee! So obviously I'm on here researching/distracting myself from tidying the house instead of packing. Pleased that's off my chest😊
I'll look forward to the rest of your report once the garden is finished. I'll be living the chicken nugget, pizza and possibly some pasta rotation very soon...I'm only slightly excited!
(I'm impressed with the multi quotes, I can sometimes work out how to do them too-hopefully I managed to reply with your quote correctly)
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I am loving this. Sorry I am also late to the party - haven't had a lot of Dibb time of late - but I have still been taking photos of my husband's food everywhere we go. He's used to it now.

Re Bloody Mary - I can just about manage one but ONLY if it doesn't have ice in it. Far more bearable at room temperature.

Your tale of the loos at the library cracked me up. They were a regular pit stop for us on our last trip and we lost each other every time. Honestly, I spent longer getting lost via the lifts in there than I spent doing anything else on that trip. I'm sure I saw parts of that library that were not open to the public which would have been fun had I not been crossing my legs. Hmmm.

Anyway. Looking forward to reading more!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Ha ha I know it's terrible when the real world gets in the way, it means I need to binge read instead. I wish I was an international jet setter but I feel like it this summer...obviously it's all the Dibbs fault, if I wasn't reading about Universal annual pass upgrades and thinking it might be a good idea to sneak an extra holiday next year-ok lets have a look at prices this year just to see what it might be...yep can't believe my eyes at the price in front of me, followed by a quick application to renew some ESTAs just in case (I am dibb trained) while frantically texting DH to persuade him I need to book...thankfully he agreed! Only told the girls yesterday morning so it's official now, yippee! So obviously I'm on here researching/distracting myself from tidying the house instead of packing. Pleased that's off my chest😊
I'll look forward to the rest of your report once the garden is finished. I'll be living the chicken nugget, pizza and possibly some pasta rotation very soon...I'm only slightly excited!
(I'm impressed with the multi quotes, I can sometimes work out how to do them too-hopefully I managed to reply with your quote correctly)
Wow, and a surprise trip for your girls, I bet everyone is running around like headless chickens today then. I hope you manage to get all your washing done, dry and packed ready for your trip. Have a fab time.

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I am loving this. Sorry I am also late to the party - haven't had a lot of Dibb time of late - but I have still been taking photos of my husband's food everywhere we go. He's used to it now.

Re Bloody Mary - I can just about manage one but ONLY if it doesn't have ice in it. Far more bearable at room temperature.

Your tale of the loos at the library cracked me up. They were a regular pit stop for us on our last trip and we lost each other every time. Honestly, I spent longer getting lost via the lifts in there than I spent doing anything else on that trip. I'm sure I saw parts of that library that were not open to the public which would have been fun had I not been crossing my legs. Hmmm.

Anyway. Looking forward to reading more!
Hurrah the rat patronus has arrived! There isn't very much I know about you, but perhaps this is one of the most important things.

Hmm, I'm trying to remember if the BM had ice or not, I know it had the celery...I'm thinking perhaps not, but I doubt a lack of ice would change my opinion either way and I'm not sure I'm prepared to give it another go.

Well, if you like the toilet drama, then you will want to tune in for the next instalment as yet again we have to go off piste in the search for a toilet for DS, although fortunately we didn't get separated from each other this time, but we did get to see the Intrepid which would not have happened if he hadn't been desperate.

Old 20 Aug 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

It's interesting that in an online universe, I am famous for having a rat patronus and now perhaps a penchant for toilet drama. Actually, the latter isn't all that surprising - my last trip report is basically dedicated to my intrepid search for the only unoccupied restroom in the World.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List