Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Itinerary Thoughts Please

I must have tweaked this 100 times but hopefully I am about there this time

LA - 4 nights
Yosemite - 4 nights
San Francisco - 3 nights
Monterrey - 2 nights
Pismo Beach - 2 nights
Santa Barbara - 2 nights
Fly Home

Any thoughts from anyone?
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What are your plans for the four day LA period?
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi sounds good
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Hi we are here now and I would suggest 3 nights Yosemite, 4 nights SF. We have had 3 nights and although we have seen loads we could easily have had extra nights. It's a lovely city. Top tip book a Dykans tour fantastic get to see so much and areas that are off the beaten ( and tour bus) track.

I would avoid Pismo we thought it was a dump and had seen most of it in an hour! Certainly wouldn't want 2 nights there I fact we were glad we changed our booking and had no nights there!

Edited at 05:21 AM. Reason: Add extra
Myakka17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We took advice of locals who suggested we try Avila Beach rather than Pismo Beach as it was more suitable for a family day. May be worth researching there instead.
Old 20 Aug 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705

First day will be a write off as we won't land until the evening, one day at Universal and the other 2 full days will be spent sightseeing, would like to do Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach and Hollywood stars, also maybe LA Observatory, up very early on the last morning for drive to Yosemite
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Not sure on the drive from LA to Yosemite but we have driven from SF to Yosemite today ( sun) and it's taken over 6 hours inc a stop for lunch and 1/2 quick shop for supplies.
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We stayed one night at Pismo Beach years ago and did not think much of it either. Don't underestimate the size of Yosemite. I remember arriving there after hours of driving from Las Vegas and heaved a sigh of relief not understanding we still had miles and miles to drive!

I recommend spending at least a couple of hours at Carmel - I love the beach there.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

We weren't fans of Pismo either. Stopped at Morro Bay on the way past and that looked much nicer.

You only really need one night on that leg which could free up one for elsewhere.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705

Oooh dont like the sound of that, to be fair we increased our stay in Yosemite by 1 night due to the long time to get there and have also looked at somewhere to stay in between LA and Yosemite but there is nowhere that really jumps out at us