Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Independence of the Seas- August 2010

I can't work out how to put a trip report on the Cruise section so I thought I would post it here and it can be moved!

We sailed in August 2010 on Independence of the Seas. Myself DH, DD 16 and DS 13. Our only other cruise experience was on Ocean Village two years previously. It was a 14 night sailing from Southampton around the Med.

We had a Grand Suite but for some reason I hardly seem to have any photos of the room. It was a lovely size with a double bed and a double sofa bed. The kids fought in the sofabedon the first night so DS ended up on the floor. We told the room steward this and she found us a z-bed that fitted perfectly in the dressing area and made for a much more peaceful holiday. The Grand Suite comes with Concierge which meant priority seating for the shows, a private sun bathing area, treats like strawberries in chocolate in the room and free drinks pre-dinner each evening.

We opted for the any time dining option and the waiting staff were amazing. They went out of their way to remember you even though you didn't see the same ones every night and the treated our children brilliantly. We ate most nights in the formal dining room but occasionally used the buffet but we found the huge buffet quite hectic although the food selection was good. We always found the food very nice.

The entertainment was pretty good with some great guset acts and one absolutely awful one where we ended up leaving, as did most of the audience it was so embarrasingly bad

I have posted pictures but have concentrated on the ship rather than the ports.

The main thoroughfare

All the free activities required a consent form and the wearing of a wristband-yes that is me on the rockwall, the instructors were brilliant!

Lots of things to do on deck too although this picture makes it look rather hectic!

And in the evenings there was lots to do

Having the concierge also meant that we were invited up to the bridge which was fascinating

Our room had a huge balcony which is one of the reasons I love cruising, how can anyone not love going to be with one view and waking up with another!

We had a brilliant trip but the boat was absolutely heaving and I have since realised I prefer slightly smaller ships or bigs ships outside of the main holidays but I certainly can't fault the service and the number of activities on board, it was all superb.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 13, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Thanks for posting Dawn, it will help people who want to see other cruise ships

I'll link to it in the TR thread for you.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhayley
Imagineer

Looked like you had a great time, makes me want to get back on Indie now!
andyhayley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Thanks for posting, we have our first RCI cruise booke 4 days after we get back from Florida this year, in October!
I have sailed P&O, Carnival and Princess, but never RCI yet, its great to see some pictures
Old 19 Mar 13, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Beautiful photos similar to Freedom of the Seas which I went to Eastern Caribbean for my speical birthday...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 13, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great photos, thanks for posting
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List