Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 May 17, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I'm honestly not sure about the card/mband.All I can recall is approx 2 years ago the cm mentioned it and put our AP on a card and we used our magic bands for the dining etc.
Like you, I did the upgrade early and I took 'proof' with me of my reservations & fp bookings-but in the form of a spreadsheet which showed a column for each day and under each column, I listed our fp details for that day, dining info, name, time & booking ref.
Much less paper than the MDE print outs and worked a treat!.
Lesley, that sounds like a plan, as you say they give you the AP card anyhow. I already have it all on a planner as well but I think I just want the printout as well as it is some proof you had the reservation on their site. I am not leaving the desk until I can still see them all on my phone! I am just about to make them for Nov tomorrow as well so that should be fun! Two lots to check.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I'm honestly not sure about the card/mband.All I can recall is approx 2 years ago the cm mentioned it and put our AP on a card and we used our magic bands for the dining etc.
Like you, I did the upgrade early and I took 'proof' with me of my reservations & fp bookings-but in the form of a spreadsheet which showed a column for each day and under each column, I listed our fp details for that day, dining info, name, time & booking ref.
Much less paper than the MDE print outs and worked a treat!.
Does that mean you had 2 accounts running both? I didn't think it was possible to isolate one band or card but I don't know anything about the back office systems.

I do screenshots of the app before we go out or after booking something. That way we've got it all to hand and it's easy to just do another screen grab if we make changes.

3 weeks to go and I'll be able to feed back
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Does that mean you had 2 accounts running both? I didn't think it was possible to isolate one band or card but I don't know anything about the back office systems.

I do screenshots of the app before we go out or after booking something. That way we've got it all to hand and it's easy to just do another screen grab if we make changes.

3 weeks to go and I'll be able to feed back
Thank you, that will be great!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I upgraded mine on a day where I had a DDP booked and all was well.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I upgraded mine on a day where I had a DDP booked and all was well.
Thats good to know.
Maybe they've ironed out those glitches as it was 2 years ago this happened and I think the new system may have been in its 'infancy' then!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I'm a twit!

Just done my FP bookings and wondered why I could only book 14 days!
DOH!
I am going for 21 days but had bought only the 14 day ultimates as i'd planned to upgrade to AP when I got there.

Only problem with that is that I wont be able to pre-book FP's for my last week until I get the AP linked to my account!

Have also just paid off the balance of my holiday(not officially due until this friday 26th May) so am thinking maybe i should upgrade to 21 day ults and hope that wont affect my existing FP and check-in and dining reservations.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Don't want to lose what I have but need to sort it out by tomorrow or I'll have to pay current 21 day ult price as opposed to price when i booked last year (before the 2 price increases! )

Also wonder if i'll get the benefit of the extra cost when i'm uppgrading to dvc gold pass when i get there.
any advice much appreciated!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 08:29 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Well we upgraded at DS on Wednesday. I forgot to ask the calculation because it sounded about right. No issues going from 14 day ultimates to DVC Gold and we paid $275 each.
Old 9 Jun 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Well we upgraded at DS on Wednesday. I forgot to ask the calculation because it sounded about right. No issues going from 14 day ultimates to DVC Gold and we paid $275 each.
Hi thanks for that could you tell me what day you did this on as in how many days you had visited the parks prior to the upgrade ?

Thanks Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by stace View Post
Hi thanks for that could you tell me what day you did this on as in how many days you had visited the parks prior to the upgrade ?

Thanks Stacey
It was our third day. We had visited the main parks but no waterparks.
Old 11 Jun 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

$275 each to upgrade to dvc gold sounds quite a lot as it's $559 plus tax to begin with so roughly $600.that means you got $325 value for your 14 day ticket.i thought it may be more -obviously wishful thinking on my part!
thanks for the information though-may change my mind about upgrades
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List