Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 May 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I think you've just solved a dilemma for me! We loved the standard restaurants when we were staying in the Cheyenne, but we've got the premium meal plan for staying in the DLH this year. We really want to eat in Inventions and ADC (and have the Inventions & PG breakfasts) so premium is best for us, but I keep going over and over the other premium restaurants and can't get much enthusiasm for them. I was thinking of just doing Inventions and ADC twice each so as not to waste vouchers, but now I'm thinking we could use our vouchers at face value for a meal in Annette's and a standard buffet or two, and still be saving money with the plan. Brilliant!
Sadly not, I'm afraid - I've just been on the phone with them and two people have told me that it's no longer possible to do this. You can't split the vouchers to use at face value. Boo hiss.

I tried to work out whether there might be any saving in buying a cheaper meal plan and paying extra for Inventions and AdC, but that's probably not going to work out any cheaper for us (although she couldn't give me the actual face value for standard vouchers - this is complicated in my case I think because I booked a long time ago and so have breakfast included already).
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ParisinMarch View Post
Sadly not, I'm afraid - I've just been on the phone with them and two people have told me that it's no longer possible to do this. You can't split the vouchers to use at face value. Boo hiss.

I tried to work out whether there might be any saving in buying a cheaper meal plan and paying extra for Inventions and AdC, but that's probably not going to work out any cheaper for us (although she couldn't give me the actual face value for standard vouchers - this is complicated in my case I think because I booked a long time ago and so have breakfast included already).
I don't think this was ever 'officially' something you could do tbh. I think it depended on the CM serving you to some extent. I can't see why you can't do it.

We are eating at AdC, Inventions and Remy (parents, who have the Premium, will eat from the Premium menu), and Buffalo Bills so they are all on the Premium anyway. Have to say, if I wasn't eating at those places, I'd have been tempted either not to bother, or get a lower tier meal plan and just pay to upgrade to 1/2 Premium meals. Unfortunately I couldn't get meal plans for myself or my children as we're staying on our AP, so I'm having to pay OOP for us all. It won't be cheap , but it'll be with a combo of AP and shareholder discount so that'll make it feel slightly less .
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I was half tempted to try my luck anyway, but it seemed an expensive experiment! I'm also put off potentially trying this out (can you tell I've given it some thought? &#128584 by the difficulties in getting restaurant reservations - if i thought I had much chance of amending our dining plans whilst there, based on our initial experiences at mixing and matching the HB vouchers, I'd be more tempted to give it a whirl. In our case it would have saved about €100-€150, which would have been very welcome (plus it would have meant I could put it on my credit card, which is in better health than my current account this week &#128556, but it's not the end of the world I guess.

We're partly also tied by not wanting to have full board BUT also wanting more than one meal a day, I guess. If it were just me, a late breakfast and an early evening meal would suffice, but neither my sister nor my son were much impressed by that idea. And then early evening meals were very hard to come by for booking too. I probably can't really complain too much that a meal plan wouldn't suit us when I want a peculiar number of meals across a range of restaurant price levels! I thought I'd seen a way to save some money, was all.

I'm very much viewing this holiday as a 'pull out all the stops' special holiday. Tbh we probably won't be back to DLP for 4+ years after this as just can't justify the expense (until there's a new small person in the family big enough to enjoy it!).
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ParisinMarch View Post
I was half tempted to try my luck anyway, but it seemed an expensive experiment! I'm also put off potentially trying this out (can you tell I've given it some thought? &#128584 by the difficulties in getting restaurant reservations - if i thought I had much chance of amending our dining plans whilst there, based on our initial experiences at mixing and matching the HB vouchers, I'd be more tempted to give it a whirl. In our case it would have saved about €100-€150, which would have been very welcome (plus it would have meant I could put it on my credit card, which is in better health than my current account this week &#128556, but it's not the end of the world I guess.

We're partly also tied by not wanting to have full board BUT also wanting more than one meal a day, I guess. If it were just me, a late breakfast and an early evening meal would suffice, but neither my sister nor my son were much impressed by that idea. And then early evening meals were very hard to come by for booking too. I probably can't really complain too much that a meal plan wouldn't suit us when I want a peculiar number of meals across a range of restaurant price levels! I thought I'd seen a way to save some money, was all.

I'm very much viewing this holiday as a 'pull out all the stops' special holiday. Tbh we probably won't be back to DLP for 4+ years after this as just can't justify the expense (until there's a new small person in the family big enough to enjoy it!).
Yes, you may well have had a CM who was happy to let you do it! But, as you say, you don't know.

I think now that breakfast isn't included, for those that still want a hotel breakfast, the vouchers are definitely the way forward. But you need to choose levels carefully to adjust to your places you want to eat.

I've been going to DLP for many years, and this is the first time I've had issues getting some of the restaurants I've wanted at the times I've wanted. I did get there in the end but it took a bit of juggling for some. I can only think it's because of the increase in those getting either free meal plans or buying them. In the past, no one ever recommended buying a meal plan - it just wasn't worth it. Times are changing, but anyone in the hospitality industry will tell you it's food where they make money, and we all know DLP need to make plenty more than they currently are!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

I'm confused! So if we get the premium plan for 3 adults and one child then had a meal at Annette's for say 120 Euros we could give two adult vouchers to pay the bill?
This would mean we'd have an adult and child voucher left. If we went to one of the buffets which is 30 odd euros a head does one adult voucher cover one or two adults?
Can't believe how complicated it is!
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
I'm confused! So if we get the premium plan for 3 adults and one child then had a meal at Annette's for say 120 Euros we could give two adult vouchers to pay the bill?
This would mean we'd have an adult and child voucher left. If we went to one of the buffets which is 30 odd euros a head does one adult voucher cover one or two adults?
Can't believe how complicated it is!
No officially that's not allowed at DLP. One voucher per person, per meal I'm afraid. Some people have said in the past that they've managed to use 2 for one meal but it isn't the norm and isn't guaranteed.
Old 27 May 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
No officially that's not allowed at DLP. One voucher per person, per meal I'm afraid. Some people have said in the past that they've managed to use 2 for one meal but it isn't the norm and isn't guaranteed.
Great thank you !
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Been reading this thread with interest. On a similar vein, does anyone know, could you use, for example, premium vouchers for dinner for all four people (2 adults, 2 kids 17 & 15) at face value in Rémy's for Emile (plus) menu at €54.99 including wine? Would they serve the wine for the children (I'm assuming yes as this is France!). Mum and Dad would then help consume it

Thanks.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dgsgc
Being a bit Goofy

Sorry, id like to ask another related question so figured it was better than starting a new thread...

Can you use the meal vouchers at quick service, I'm not trying to get extra meals, 1 voucher per meal. We got the half board free so are not worried about the cost but would like the flexibility of eating a few QS meals if we are busy.

Thanks
dgsgc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dgsgc View Post
Sorry, id like to ask another related question so figured it was better than starting a new thread...

Can you use the meal vouchers at quick service, I'm not trying to get extra meals, 1 voucher per meal. We got the half board free so are not worried about the cost but would like the flexibility of eating a few QS meals if we are busy.

Thanks
at the QS in the parks, yes you can. There are many non-Disney QS franchises though, and you can't use any dining vouchers in those.
(QS isn't called Quick Service at DLP for very good reason - its not at all quick). Its Counter Service at DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List