Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
patsy1987
Earning My Ears

Mobile Using EE mobile network in Orlando

My wife and I recently got new phones and whilst purchasing them the man in the shop said we could use all our data, texts and minutes in Orlando no bother. Can anyone confirm if this is correct ?
patsy1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm with EE and I'm not 100% sure on that one sorry. I put my phone on airplane mode and used the free wifi to make calls on Facebook messenger. I know others use What's app to text and make calls on the wifi.
magicofflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Lenny
Helping Minnie

Princess Lenny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would confirm this with them before you leave to go to Orlando, as im not sure this is correct? It would be wonderful if it was as i am also on EE. 😁😁

Princess Lenny
Florida Villas we have stayed in:
Liberty Village - Kissimmee - 2005, Lake Berkley - Kissimmee - 2007, Woodridge - Kissimmee - 2009 **My bf proposed outside of Cinderella Castle** Thousand Oaks - Davenport - 2012
DLP: ** Hotel Cheyenne Feb 2013 **
Princess Lenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

The DW and I got new phones in the EE Store last week and we were told told the same. The assistant told us to text Roaming to 150 before we go but I would still like to know if it's correct as we have all heard horror stories. I think you have to be on the max package.

Edited at 11:12 PM.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

My understanding is that you can now use your allowance in Europe. There website seems to say the same.

The website also stated customers with 4gmax package can use their allowance in other countries too, such as America.

Edited at 11:23 PM.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

yep they started doing this a little while ago to compete with three feel at home.

Same principle, as long as you have one of the new MAX plans, you can use your UK allowances including data in Europe as well as the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.

Non-MAX plans still have EU but not the extra 5 countries

Older plans whether MAX or not, may be required to renew/upgrade their contract to get the extra 5 countries.

It's called "roam like home"

In theory, even though it'll be using the same at&t/tmobile networks as three, it can connect at 4g and may be a bit faster (depending on the throttling done within their roaming agreements).

Three feel at home has gone terribly slow since so many people are now on it, I'm hoping EE stays faster for a while.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

I have been looking this up as I have a phone with EE. It states on their website that you can buy an add-on for either calls and texts or data. The calls and texts package is £5 per day but its says they only charge you the daily rate if you make any calls that day. I am considering this one as we had problems last year with one of our credit cards and had a lot of problems trying to call the UK to get it unblocked.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I have been looking this up as I have a phone with EE. It states on their website that you can buy an add-on for either calls and texts or data. The calls and texts package is £5 per day but its says they only charge you the daily rate if you make any calls that day. I am considering this one as we had problems last year with one of our credit cards and had a lot of problems trying to call the UK to get it unblocked.
You can do that but that's a different thing.. the new "roam like home" has no additional daily charge, you just use your UK allowance free
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneytink88
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I recently took out a new contract with EE, on one of the EE max plans and was told exactly the same. All of my minutes/texts can be used as normal over there, as can my data. The only difference being that instead of my usual 40gb, I only get 15gb over there which will be more than sufficient as I only intend to use it for sat nav purposes.
Disneytink88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I just upgraded my sim only EE to a max plan and get US included in the data usage - check on the app to see what your plan covers you for. Did my upgrade over the phone and managed to get 4gb on the max plan for the same amount I've been paying for 1gb - very happy with that.