Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

I agree with you about vodafone service and billing, although it wasn't always that way...

but three service has got slower and slower in the states as more and more people use it. In May it was so unbearably slow than whether on tmobile or at&t I was waiting minutes for webpages to download.

ironically I had my work vodafone sim in another phone and that connected to at&t/tmobile as well but was fine and fast. Not UK fast but fast enough that I could get to the webpage without giving up.

Three deserve tremendous praise for being the first to offer UK allowance in the USA but they've really gone too far on the throttling IMHO
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I used it this may with no issues, maybe it's handset dependent?

I will say if you are staying at WDW the wifi is great, considering the amount of people in a small area it constantly works, both in the parks and resorts... almost makes roaming redundant.
Old 16 Jul 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I used it this may with no issues, maybe it's handset dependent?
nah I swapped sims and it was as simple as three was painfully slow and voda whilst roaming on the same networks was adequate.

of course, different areas, different times, different cells all will product differences

I should also say that for email trickling in, sending imessages etc, three was absolutely fine no problem.

EE was faster again and I'm hoping it stays that way (although my head says it won't once more and more people roam for "free")

I will say if you are staying at WDW the wifi is great, considering the amount of people in a small area it constantly works, both in the parks and resorts... almost makes roaming redundant.
yeah completely agree there! As someone in the industry, I'd love to go behind the scenes and see their infrastructure. I guess "just" a large mesh wifi network but it's really impressively good.

A couple of years ago I went to a microsoft conference at the orlando CC centre and with 30,000 people there the wifi was having trouble hanging in there across two very large buildings.

Went from there to EPCOT and reflected on how well Disney were doing with more people on their wifi across a larger space
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobs
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

three is terrible for data in the usa, throttled like mad. Yes, fine for the odd email or WhatsApp, but that's it.

Vodafone are just totally terrible for customer service. To be honest, useless is to good a word for them. Always pleasant enough on the phone, but never get anything done. They tell you one thing, and it never gets sorted. It's a shame, they seem pretty competitive with prices at times
scoobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Yep I agree customer service and billing with VF had a nightmare in 2014-2016.

We're now bringing customer services back to the UK (recently announced thousands of jobs in Manchester and Newcastle) and our new billing system has settled.

From a network point of view, it's awarded top network for home and abroad a number of times in the past 12months.

If your Three service is fine, stick with it. In my experience it has been really really slow

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Has anyone used the EE max abroad yet? I've just upgraded today and am looking forward to using it. We originally ordered a couple of 3 sims but hoping EE will be better (plus saving £20 each).
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Lilyrose View Post
Has anyone used the EE max abroad yet? I've just upgraded today and am looking forward to using it. We originally ordered a couple of 3 sims but hoping EE will be better (plus saving £20 each).
Not yet. Your countdown beats mine so let me know as my Wife upgraded to it last week.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
ee contract includes use canada and new zealand

hi been chatting with ee regarding a sim only plan

called max plan

30gb for £25 per month EE Max Plan

Includes: Unlimited minutes/text;

Free use of data, minutes, text allowances in USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and EU; Free BT Sports App for the duration of the contract (worth £120).

and also eu countries

go via topcashback for an extra £52.50

Edited at 05:17 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have an EE max plan - its great.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

So whats the difference with a max plan? Im on a business sim only contract. Will this work or will they upgrade? £18.50 a month sim only.

Edited at 10:06 AM.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List