Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 7 Jul 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question referred to senco what happens next?

After months of back and forth the school have referred ds to the senco team I'm still waiting to hear from them so just wondering what happens next? I know its a long process once started but with school ending for the summer soon am I likely to hear anything before they break up or will they wait till he goes back?
thanks
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

google/amp/s/s...d-to-know/amp/

This is a really useful link

The good news is the senco is involved and this means if a referral is needed it will happen sooner rather than later. It all depends on the reason why the senco has been asked fir example it might just be your child needs extra support that the school can provide

Kate x
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

They are assessing him for asd/adhd I still haven't heard anything so guess it will put off till september
I was hoping to have heard something by now as I know the move to a new class is going to be difficult for him and he's been really upset about it. I'm hoping his new teacher will continue with some of the things his current teacher has put in place for him to manage some of his behaviours.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

Ask for an appointment with the SENCO to ask what provision is in place as soon as you go back in September. The SENCO should have assessed the paperwork and info on your child prior to term commencing. In fact, most schools normally have an initial inset day or a multi team discussion prior to the children coming back into school.

The SENCO should have provided the new teacher with information regarding your son and plans for the term ahead. This may involve the LEA and their team. They should go via the Educational Psychologist but may push for you to see a clinical psychologist as this can sometimes make the process quicker.

You could also try asking at the beginning of term if the SENCO has any non-contact time as you'd like to arrange a meeting as swiftly as possible. There is normally some time set aside during the school week where the SENCO will not be teaching but be dealing with or possibly liaising with other special care providers during the week.
Old 5 Aug 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Thanks I will ask when he goes back.
They said the senco would contact me shortly but that was at the beginning of july and I still haven't heard anything yet
Old 6 Aug 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I would start making enquiries now, to get things in lace for september, just because schools are not in there is still planning going on behind the scenes. Good luck. X
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

well stilll haven't heard anything and all the school had to say was the paperwork is in and someone will get back to me once they've looked into it I know they have others to deal with but its been months

Ds is not happy being back at school though we have managed 2 good mornings out of the 7 he's been back so far. I'm trying to be firm and keeping it simple just saying time to go to class now love you see you after school bye and then leaving but its so hard when he's screaming and crying and they have to physically restrain him/move him just to get him into class
Old 16 Sep 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

Try having a look at the IPSEA website or parent partnership.

I'm retired now (through ill health) so I maybe a little out of touch but I used to refer people to these services. I'm both a Mum of a child with Special Needs and used to work for the LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES in my local LEA.

It can be very bewildering and frustrating and to be honest had I not worked in this field, I wouldn't have known half of what my child was entitled to. School's have a duty of care. It may help if you let them know you're 'reading a Code of Practice"