Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Jul 17, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
New Dvc Resort

Great news with another new addition to the dvc resorts at epcot area Riviera which has now been confirmed.

prnewswire/news-relea...300488813.html

Edited at 02:49 AM.
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

This is interesting as it's the first stand alone resort since SSR. From what I've read it's near CBR so I'm hoping it might be a little more accessible price wise rather than the $180 a point premium for magic kingdom resorts we've seen over recent years.
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
They'll need to do something really special with the resort to make it more appealing than just calling it an Epcot area resort. Having the gondolas isn't a good enough USP as CBR and AOA/POP will have them too.

I do like the sound of the rooftop restaurant though but don't think I'd want to stay there and definitely don't see myself buying.

Watching with interest.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd like to know more too. They haven't said much about the theme aside from riviera. Will probably want to stay there though!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Isn't it at CSR? disneyparks.disney.go/bl...beach-resorts/

Edit: hmm looking closely the photos are different. Curiously similar descriptions though.

Edited at 07:34 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Isn't it at CSR? disneyparks.disney.go/bl...beach-resorts/

Edit: hmm looking closely the photos are different. Curiously similar descriptions though.
The map of the new gondola system shows its position near CBR. Not sure what the official line is for CSR other than expansion itself.
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Interesting. As said earlier the first stand alone Resort for a very long time.
Being the cynic I am I bet the price of the points are there or thereabouts with the latest ones at WL etc.
To offer different price Resorts would make the selling of the more expensive ones problematic. Time will tell but a great announcement anyhow.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I guess the buy in price will be the same but points needed to stay less? Or will this be a "new" category, moderate DVC for want of a better word? So buy in price less - would that then mean owners there could not use their cheaper points at the original DVC locations... ?

My view is that to all intents and purposes it's just an extra tower at CBR. They can call it standalone but will they want to put in facilities that exist next door already - for example, a QS restaurant in addition to the new (exciting) rooftop restaurant? I can't see it, they want guests over at CBR or AOA. A separate pool, of course make sense. Everything else they will want to share as much as possible to keep operating costs - and dues - to a minimum.

However you look at it it's great news, but I'm not minded to pay extra points to stay somewhere I need to get a gondola to HS and Epcot when I can walk from BCV/ BWV. The cost per night would need to be less to persuade me.
Old 16 Jul 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would imagine the same buying costs but less points per night or if it is cheaper are you limited to there until they build more similar resorts- moderate dvc ? Having stayed at CBR, we're not interested & tbh you couldn't pay me enough to go back there!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Just hope it's separate buses! CBR bus lines always looks busy!