Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Jul 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Annual pass experience

So last year we purchased annual passed for £302 (2A 1C), adult ticket was £126 and then 1D1C was £206(combo). This was the old fantasy pass. Our first visit was August last year and we did 4 days in the parks , we then visited again between Christmas and new year for 3 days. Our final trip was last week and we did the parks on 4 seperate days again. IF we had bought multi days ticket this would of cost around £1366 , so about a £1000 saving using the annual pass. But also on top of that saving you save of parking which is 20 a day which is about £170 for all the days. So the outcome is actual park entry only cost about £130 for all 3 of us which I have to say is great value. Even with the new 'Magic flex pass' been £157 each it would still be a great saving.
You had to activate the pass in DLP , which means you pay for parking on the first day and have to spend an hour (varies) registering.

It was great to return last week as this time all the major attractions were up and running including the newly renovated pirates ride. On this they have freshened up the scenes and add some nice new touchs including Jack in the barrel. Space mountain has also been changed and the new star wars theming is a great bonus to what was a resonable ride. The projections and model as you speed through the stars and enter into a dog fight are really well done. The updated star tour ride was also open with the same ride features as Florida now were you get a mix of differrent scenes each time you ride. We rode about 9 times (more of that in a moment) and each time the mix was different, which my son just loved. The queue theming is good now, but look out for the flight board and how they spell 'Cancelled' they seem to of lost an l.
When it comes to parades and the evening finale these were well done and some floats we had not seen before including the new peter pan flying ship. But there did seem to be a lot more people around waiting for them, but we still got a good spot without having to wait more the a couple of minutes. For the afternoon parade we stood between the castle and small world, here there is a small wall you can stand on if needed , but we mananged to get near the crossing point and so had not issue with the view. The other advantage of this the parade starts at the back so whilst the masses are waiting in front of the castle and on main street you can get off to do more rides (star tours was a walk on at that point). For the finale we got a spot just as you come out of discovery land and again just walked up a couple of minutes before the start.
Moving into the studios ,nothing new in here since our visit last year apart from the storm troopers on parade. Out first stop was Mickey and the Magican as we saw it once last time and it is a really good show which mixes in Mickey with some classic charaters doing their signature songs. There is even a part where during the lion king piece the animals parade through the audience just like in the big theatre version. I know its a small park but I still think that its a full day when add in the wait times. Doing just Mickey & the magician plus the stunt show you are looking at 2.5 hours. We proceeded to ride ratatouille and just like last year we got to the front of the queue and they evactuacted the ride due to techincal issues, we did come back and ride again another time. So my son and I headed to Crushs coaster as he had never ridden it before as he was not sure he would like it , but on coming off he said 'i don't know why i have never ridden that it was a great ride'. We then took him to ride TOT, he would not ride previously and missing the TV room helped (I will come back to that). His face was a picture when it dropped and went up and down as its does a few times, when we came of he said I have been on i don't need to do it again .
The weather we had was a nice temp around 20-24 which I think it a great temp. We did have rain (well drizzle) but we had prepared with umbrellas and so that did not bother us too much.
For food we tend to eat outside the park and this time we had some good meals. Our first night we went to vapiano, which if you don't know sits to the right of the Big Disney store and is just outside the disney security area, but thats not an issue as its a very queit entry point. This is a good choice as you decide what you want and they cook it to order in front of you so any fussy kids you can leave the things they don't like out. Our last night we went to Five Guys which is next door to vapiano. This is a burger joint but nothing is frozen and the fries are made from potatos on site. I found my burger to be really nice and again you see them preparing your food in here. If anyone goes we got the Grande Fries between 3 of us and that was plenty. We also had a meal at val d'europe in the Hippopotamus, we chose this because they had a range of food steak,chicken, fish. The food was good quality and the service qucik and enfficent.
So earlier i mentioned star tours, well the first night we arrived there were no FP's which was no surprise as it was 9pm, so we queued for 50 mins to ride , again no issue as we only intended to that and the finale fireworks. The next day when we came into the park we decide to go and get FP's but the machines were down and all they would say is its a techincal fault. Well I'm not sure that was the case as we noticed over a couple of days the machines would up for a period and then taken down. Anyway on our way around the park I decide to goto City hall and complain about the FP been down in the hope of getting a FP so as not to have to queue again. This is were the plan for this trip went out of the window. I have read on here about the green cards and how to get them. My son is on the autism spectrum and has a dignosise ,but I have always resisted applying as we can queue without issue. Anyway the young lady who was dealing with me was looking into the issue with the FP and it looked like she was going to give us a free FP. But then she stopped and asked said I see you have an hearing aid in and i said yes why. She then promptly got a green card and completed it for hearing issues. I did say to her that i did not think this would count as with the hearing aid in I can function normally (some things sound odd but generally all ok). she advised no french law means your eligable. So the outcome of this was a green card was issued which is why we rode star tours a few times as my son loves that ride. I have to say we still queued for some rides and did not use it to access any shows or for paradeds as we did not feel it was fair on some ride. We did use it for TOT as we knew the TV room was the piece which was putting our son off.
So overall this was a good trip and I would say if you are thinking of going a couple of times take a look at the annual pass and the hotel options within a 10 minute drive of the park. Or even hotels are val d'europe (shuttle buses) or Torcy (2 stops on the RER).
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List