Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
darth plagueis
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Best Restaurants/ Quick Service

This is our first time going to DLP.

We need some restaurant/ quick service advice.

We have booked the Buffalo Bill show, need to know what else is worth it

thanks

DLP - Santa Fe 2017/18
TBC 2020
darth plagueis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I don't know the answer but interested in comments after the poor reports of cafe Hyperion.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't find cafe Hyperion so bad in December, not slow, hot food. No complaints.

Colonel Hathis is good. Pizzas are large, lasagne was boiling!

Wasn't impressed with the food at the place just inside Disney studios, the name escapes me, They were slow and the food was pretty poor.

I'm trying to remember if we ate in any more counter service places...

Other restaurants:

Inventions, not my favourite at all, but that's not the general consensus.

Annette's, I really like. The diner vibe is awesome, had great service and food.

Bistrot Chez Remy, amazing theming, great food, pretty good service.

Hunters Grill, great buffet, lots of choice, lovely atmosphere.

Silver Spur steakhouse, my least favourite table service I had. Possibly cos the cut of steak on the plus plan set menu isn't the best. Steak wasn't cooked right, was quickly replaced, but was very chewy. Atmosphere in there was lovely, decoration was great, service very good. Unfortunately we had some very unruly kids near us, but not the restaurant's fault.

Agrabah Cafe, nice food, not for picky eaters I don't think. The decor/theming is awesome. Great staff.

Plaza Gardens, brilliant buffet, attentive staff, lots of choice. Nice decor, if not maybe a bit dated.

The Yacht Club, maybe my favourite. Amazing service, can tell it's 4*. Friendly staff, I had a great table by the window looking over lake Disney. Couldn't fault the food, and there was no rush when I needed a rest before dessert.

I think that's everywhere that I've eaten there, other than maybe carts/snacks/drinks. This was December last year, Or March this year. Xx

Edited at 03:04 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
darth plagueis

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I didn't find cafe Hyperion so bad in December, not slow, hot food. No complaints.

Colonel Hathis is good. Pizzas are large, lasagne was boiling!

Wasn't impressed with the food at the place just inside Disney studios, the name escapes me, They were slow and the food was pretty poor.

I'm trying to remember if we ate in any more counter service places...

Other restaurants:

Inventions, not my favourite at all, but that's not the general consensus.

Annette's, I really like. The diner vibe is awesome, had great service and food.

Bistrot Chez Remy, amazing theming, great food, pretty good service.

Hunters Grill, great buffet, lots of choice, lovely atmosphere.

Silver Spur steakhouse, my least favourite table service I had. Possibly cos the cut of steak on the plus plan set menu isn't the best. Steak wasn't cooked right, was quickly replaced, but was very chewy. Atmosphere in there was lovely, decoration was great, service very good. Unfortunately we had some very unruly kids near us, but not the restaurant's fault.

Agrabah Cafe, nice food, not for picky eaters I don't think. The decor/theming is awesome. Great staff.

Plaza Gardens, brilliant buffet, attentive staff, lots of choice. Nice decor, if not maybe a bit dated.

The Yacht Club, maybe my favourite. Amazing service, can tell it's 4*. Friendly staff, I had a great table by the window looking over lake Disney. Couldn't fault the food, and there was no rush when I needed a rest before dessert.

I think that's everywhere that I've eaten there, other than maybe carts/snacks/drinks. This was December last year, Or March this year. Xx
Thanks! there are so many places to eat, it gets a bit overwhelming when you look at them all.

we are thinking of Silver Spur but not on any plane for NYE

DLP - Santa Fe 2017/18
TBC 2020
darth plagueis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darth plagueis View Post
Thanks! there are so many places to eat, it gets a bit overwhelming when you look at them all.

we are thinking of Silver Spur but not on any plane for NYE
Others have really enjoyed their meals there, I'm sure it was just down to the cut of meat, so you can obviously choose a better cut off the main menu. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We don't really rate any quick service apart from Earl of Sandwich. I'll make an exception for Lucky Nugget - while the food is standard, it's brought to your table so is fresher and hotter, and the puppet show is worth watching.

In the past we've had a big breakfast at the hotel and then just a snack for lunch. The croque monsieur from Blockbuster Cafe (Studios) or Market House Deli (Disneyland Park) is a good snack lunch.

We tend to save our money for the table service restaurants. Yes, they are pricey but the food is generally worth it.

California Grill is superb if budget allows.

Inventions - excellent buffet and great character interaction. Only done the Sunday brunch which is more expensive.

Walt's - not done it since it became a Premium restaurant but it's always been pretty good, and a nice relaxed elegant atmosphere.

Captain Jack's - not done it since it was Blue Lagoon. Amazing atmosphere. Food is good but doesn't suit all tastes - very Caribbean influenced (ie lots of curry spices, mango, banana, plaintain, sweet potato) and heavy on the fish and seafood. Those pirates are fancy eaters!

Not done Silver Spur yet. It gets mixed reviews and is probably the most basic of the in-park table service restaurants. That said, we're doing it next time.

Bistrot Chez Remy - out of this world level of theming. Good bistro food. It's based on a popular French chain which only serves one thing - steak frites - and has queues around the block! Remy is not quite that restricted but the menu is deliberately very small. Best steak I've ever had in DLP. Insanely popular (frankly the best food in Studios) - we could only get a 5pm booking for our next trip.

Yacht Club - looking forward to eating here for the first time in years. Very classy looking menu themed to New England specialities, in a beautiful hotel.

Apart from Inventions the only hotel buffets I have done are at the Cheyenne and Santa Fe - which are fine for a basic buffet but I wouldn't seek them out if you aren't staying there.

Sadly the table service restaurant in Hotel New York (Manhattan) is closed long term.

Steakhouse in the Village - our steaks were bland and chewy but it may have just been an off night.

Annette's - good choice of burgers, fun atmosphere if the staff are doing their rollerskating thing. You can't book here, so if you want to eat here, go when it's quiet. After a parade or after park opening everyone wants to get in here!

Not done Cafe Mickey since they stopped doing characters. It's now serving upscale Italian food. Looks pricey for what you get (even for DLP).

We are booked to do Hunter's Grill buffet at Sequoia Lodge this time. Seems a decent buffet, as does La Grange at Billy Bob's in the Village.

The in-park buffets:

Plaza Gardens - good choice and nice building but it gets very busy.

Cafe Agrabah - beautiful theming, good Middle Eastern food, great for veggies particularly.

Restaurant des Stars - the second most boring building on property (after Blockbuster Cafe) but a decent selection of buffet favourites with some good hot options.

If you don't have a dining plan there are also:

King Ludwig's - we found this a bit meh for the price

Planet Hollywood - never seen a good review. I don't like places where you can't see your food or hear your companions.

Rainforest Cafe - mixed reviews. Great theming for kids.

Vapiano - new since I went. Reasonably priced pizza and pasta.

Five Guys - I've eaten in several of the London ones. Decent big burgers. Crazy price, but when compared to the cost of a DLP counter service meal, a better option.
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 05:17 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Check out the guidebook on here - there are lots of reviews and photos.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
darth plagueis

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We don't really rate any quick service apart from Earl of Sandwich. I'll make an exception for Lucky Nugget - while the food is standard, it's brought to your table so is fresher and hotter, and the puppet show is worth watching.

In the past we've had a big breakfast at the hotel and then just a snack for lunch. The croque monsieur from Blockbuster Cafe (Studios) or Market House Deli (Disneyland Park) is a good snack lunch.

We tend to save our money for the table service restaurants. Yes, they are pricey but the food is generally worth it.

California Grill is superb if budget allows.

Inventions - excellent buffet and great character interaction. Only done the Sunday brunch which is more expensive.

Walt's - not done it since it became a Premium restaurant but it's always been pretty good, and a nice relaxed elegant atmosphere.

Captain Jack's - not done it since it was Blue Lagoon. Amazing atmosphere. Food is good but doesn't suit all tastes - very Caribbean influenced (ie lots of curry spices, mango, banana, plaintain, sweet potato) and heavy on the fish and seafood. Those pirates are fancy eaters!

Not done Silver Spur yet. It gets mixed reviews and is probably the most basic of the in-park table service restaurants. That said, we're doing it next time.

Bistrot Chez Remy - out of this world level of theming. Good bistro food. It's based on a popular French chain which only serves one thing - steak frites - and has queues around the block! Remy is not quite that restricted but the menu is deliberately very small. Best steak I've ever had in DLP. Insanely popular (frankly the best food in Studios) - we could only get a 5pm booking for our next trip.

Yacht Club - looking forward to eating here for the first time in years. Very classy looking menu themed to New England specialities, in a beautiful hotel.

Apart from Inventions the only hotel buffets I have done are at the Cheyenne and Santa Fe - which are fine for a basic buffet but I wouldn't seek them out if you aren't staying there.

Sadly the table service restaurant in Hotel New York (Manhattan) is closed long term.

Steakhouse in the Village - our steaks were bland and chewy but it may have just been an off night.

Annette's - good choice of burgers, fun atmosphere if the staff are doing their rollerskating thing. You can't book here, so if you want to eat here, go when it's quiet. After a parade or after park opening everyone wants to get in here!

Not done Cafe Mickey since they stopped doing characters. It's now serving upscale Italian food. Looks pricey for what you get (even for DLP).

We are booked to do Hunter's Grill buffet at Sequoia Lodge this time. Seems a decent buffet, as does La Grange at Billy Bob's in the Village.

The in-park buffets:

Plaza Gardens - good choice and nice building but it gets very busy.

Cafe Agrabah - beautiful theming, good Middle Eastern food, great for veggies particularly.

Restaurant des Stars - the second most boring building on property (after Blockbuster Cafe) but a decent selection of buffet favourites with some good hot options.

If you don't have a dining plan there are also:

King Ludwig's - we found this a bit meh for the price

Planet Hollywood - never seen a good review. I don't like places where you can't see your food or hear your companions.

Rainforest Cafe - mixed reviews. Great theming for kids.

Vapiano - new since I went. Reasonably priced pizza and pasta.

Five Guys - I've eaten in several of the London ones. Decent big burgers. Crazy price, but when compared to the cost of a DLP counter service meal, a better option.
Thank you for this, I have never seen the guidebook.

Will have a look at it now

DLP - Santa Fe 2017/18
TBC 2020