Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

The table at the bottom of this page gives an idea of how many options you'll receive in each room type. Exec means the club rooms AFAIK.

magicbreaks/disney-...ast-meal-plan/
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Newport Bay without a doubt! We stayed there in June and it's an absolutely beautiful hotel

Edited at 10:53 AM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'm going to go against popular opinion and say I wasn't impressed by NB. The lobby/common areas were nice but the rooms already look dated. Kind of looks like WDW shipped over the old furniture from the YC refurb over to save costs. IMO.

Having said that - it would still be my choice of the three, but would probably upgrade to CC next time. I booked at the last minute this year and it wasn't available. Although I think I'd actually switch to DLH instead.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

When visiting the Newport bay we have always found it crazy busy, with 2 adults I would stay at the New York as it's much quieter. Stayed there in May rooms were a bit dated but nothing wrong with them, and they are much bigger than the Newport/sequoia. We also had fantastic service throughout the hotel
Old 25 Aug 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WillowFae
Excited about Disney

We stayed at Newport Bay earlier this month for 4 nights, and just over a week later we went back and stayed 2 nights at Sequoia Lodge (the return was an unplanned last minute thing). I'd go Newport Bay every time. It reminded me of our home resort of Beach Club in WDW and so felt comforting. I also just prefer the New England theming to the California theming.
WDW April 94 (pre-kids) (non-Disney), WDW Oct 12 (villa), WDW Oct 14 (GF), WDW Aug 15 (OKW), WDW DCL Aug 16 (VB, Cruise, BCV), WDW DCL Feb 17 (AKL, Cruise, GF), DLP Aug 17 (NBCC, SL), WDW DCL Oct 17 (Poly, Cruise), WDW DCL Aug 18 (VB, POR, BLT, Cruise x 2)
WillowFae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Depends on when you're planning on going. For the colder months and Christmas I would choose Sequioa. But for the warmer months it would have to be Newport Bay.

We are staying at Newport on our upcoming trip - i'm really excited, particuarly as it's all been re-furnished and upgraded and has earnt another star.

I also wouldn't let distance put me off - Newport is maybe another 5 minutes walk tops once you're outside and you can request a room as close to reception as possible. Plus there are the shuttle buses.

I like the outside of New York but I wouldn't stay there as it looks very dated and looks quite cold and unwelcoming to me. I definitely won't be staying there once it's been turned into a Marvel hotel.
Old 26 Aug 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at NPB this Summer. Stunning hotel. I popped into New York and it did look tired and the planned refurb is much needed. I think NPB is marginally closer than SL but it is pretty close. Only could be a minute or two difference!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Just back from NPB CC and I would go back there can't fault the service and rooms. With the stay 2 nights get two free offers you maybe able to pick up a bargain price
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

We stayed in NPB in March as we got an upgrade from our Santa Fe booking. It's a lovely hotel and I definitely would stay again if the budget allowed but honestly we were barely in it which is why we usually choose the cheapest.

If we go back with a free meal plan I would be tempted to try SL just to get the plus plan.
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

We are booking Newport later today for November . Glad to hear it's a nice hotel as have only stayed at the partner hotels so far

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List