Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ragsbags
Earning My Ears

February to early March?

Hi just looking for opinions - might be able to get away for a a week to 10 days at the start of 2018, 2 adults and 2 grown children, just wondering, bearing in mind we would like to go when it might be quieter in the parks. What dates would you choose ? Many thanks
Ragsbags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

After the princess marathon weekend to before spring break is a nice two week gap where it should be reasonably quiet. February 25th to March 10th. And being at the start of March, you'll get the opening of the Flower & Garden Festival which is lovely.

It was one of my original dates before we had to push back to April, so I looked at crowds and such quite a bit.

ETA: There's also the first two weeks of February (prior to President's Day) that should be quiet as well. The week commencing the 4th is considered by some of the predictors as one of the quietest weeks of the year. Whether that will be true or not with the crowds shifting into low season is still to be seen though!

Edited at 04:47 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ragsbags
Earning My Ears

Thanks Lodlis, I was thinking about early February but wanted to try Volcano Bay and was thinking the weather might be a bit better end of February so might look for those dates - I know the weather seems to be a bit of a gamble but , I have starting point now, so will start looking for costs
Ragsbags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, I researched prices a fair bit before I booked & found the cheapest 2 weeks (to include February) was 27/1/17.

I appreciate prices may have changed since then & that of course price may not be a factor for you.
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lwhit_x
Getting Excited

Just jumping in on this thread, we've booked 26th Feb until 8th March in Orlando and then Miami for 2 nights. We had this booked for last year as read it was a fairly quiet time to go but had to cancel last minute, so we've rebooked for next year. Hopefully nothing has changed and it's still a quiet time to go 😊
lwhit_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

We travel the last week of February every year, always before the 27th and absolutely love this time of year.

Parks always quiet and weather similar to a nice summer in the U.K.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydawn21s
Proud to wear my Ears

disneydawn21s's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are going on the 25th Feb and can't wait! We got married on 19th Feb 2007 in Florida and it was perfect x
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ragsbags
Earning My Ears

Brilliant, that's convinced me that late February seems a good time - and price is ALWAYS a factor! Thanks again dibbers for your advice