Old 1 Apr 07, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
This is about our 3 Days Wonder Cruise - 6th April 2006

This is about our 3 Days Wonder Cruise - 6th Arpil 2006

This is about our 3 day Disney Wonder Cruise. It was fantastic. We did the booking through Dreams Unlimited Website as it was cheaper than booking in the UK. They really helpful and their prices for the Cruise were very good. When I did the booking I let them know that 3 of us travelling were deaf and they told me that there would be interpreters on the liner for us.

When we arrived at the Cruise Terminal we had to queue in the Non Us Citizen Line. The lady who processed us was new and she took quite a long time but it was not a problem as the children were able to play and get photos taken with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It was funny to be called Aleins that it was non Us Citizens are called. I registered the Children for the kids club collected the pager and the Children got their wrist bands.

When we at last entered the Liner Members of staff greeted everyone at the door and called out their names what a lovely welcome - one of the crew told us she came from Glasgow and as we were from Edinburgh. She was happy to have people from her own country on board.

We checked out our cabins WOW we had two cabins with a connecting door as there were five of us in our Party. My husband and I discovered that we had a minicom telephone (for deaf people) and flashing light for Fire Alarm System. They think of everything. We toured the ship next and before lunch handed in pillowcases to be signed at Guest Sevices. Then up to the Beach Blanket Buffet for a lovely lunch. My mother in law and I had a cocktail, which we enjoyed at the Sail Away Party. Lots of the Disney Characters were on the stage dancing What A Lovely Atmosphere.

had been emailing a lady from the US named Jeinnifer48 and was hoping we would meet on board, imagine our Surprise when she spoke to us She saw my husband's Scottish Sweater and asked if I was Deborah. We had a chat, it was nice to meet her in person.

Our meal time was for the early sitting the staff were excellent for waiter Lito maded us very welcome and explained that the staff we had went to each resturant each night. The resturants each had a different theme. After that the children went to the Kids Club and husband, mother in law and I went to the Theatre where we saw Hercules The Musical show the Two Interpreters were brilliant and although the used Americian Sign Language. They were fantastic to watch.

Interpreter (Tara)

We had two doors sign which I made it up and to my surprise that I am only one to put up doors sign on our two doors and find that nobody did it as met Jennifer48 and she didn't see her floor well.

Nassau Bahamas

My husband and his mother went to see Nassau and I went to the Beauty spa on board and had my nails and feet done. It was lovely being pampered. The Children again went to the Kids Club. They were keen to go and it was good to know that they were safe and enjoying themselves leaving us grown ups to enjoy the pleasures on board. That Evening our meal was served in the animators palate. We all enjoyed seeing the pictures on the walls changing colour. As it was pirates party later we all got bandanas for our head Lito made us laugh doing different ways of tying them on our heads. The Caribbean Pirates Party was brilliant and the fireworks fantastic to see.

The next day we woke up in Cataway Cay What a Beautiful Island. The weather was sunny but to windy for my husband to have his parasail but we still enjoyed the day at the Beach. Again, the Children went to the Club and had a great time.

We met two interpreters at Castaway Cay and took the picture.

When we returned to the ship we went to the theatre to see Celebrate the Journey. This is When All the Children Graduate from the club. Each child gets a T Shirt and wears a Motor Board. Just the same as a student from University. I was really proud to see my son receive the Scroll from Minnie Mouse I got it on Video. As this was our last evening on board I had booked a Meal in the Palo resturant. The food and service were excellent well worth making a booking.

The last show in the theatre was most enjoyable and then I took my daughter to say goodbye to the Disney Characters, she managed to get all their auotgraphs. Then it was time for bed as the worst part of the whole 3 days for us was getting up early to be in the theatre from 6 am to get our passports back and report to immigration. We finished off our trip with breakfast in Parrot Cay resturant and said goodbye to Lito and the staff. As we were leaving my son started to cry because he had enjoyed himself so much and did not want to leave I had a lump in my throat seeing him but as he had received a certificate from the counsellors at the Kids Club for being the COOLEST KID in the Club. We said he could put it up on his bedroom wall when he got home so he would remember all the happy times he had in the Kids club on board the Disney Wonder.

3 days was not enough and we hope to come back again for a weeks Cruise in 2007/08.

Thank you Disney for making our holiday in the USA so enjoyable.

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 05:13 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 07, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely Pictures.

Thanks for the report,

Dawn
Old 1 Apr 07, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

Great photos, thanks for sharing

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 07, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

The photo of your DD with the pirate CM is gorgeous! loved reading you trippie and seeing all the photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 07, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Deborah

thanks for sharing your trip with everyone the photos are great. Olivia looks so happy. Still trying to sort out transferring cruise to DU but TCD still haven't got back to me.

Jackie
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 07, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Great report...and very much enjoyed the one you did on the Holidaytruths website too

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 07, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

Fab report you look as though you had a wonderful time.
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 07, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A great report - thanks

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 07, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
A lovely report with great photo's, thank you.
Old 25 Jul 07, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for sharing. The thought of your son being sad to leave brought a tear to my eyes! Hope my kids feel like that too... and me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List