Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Sep 08, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scooterdevil
Imagineer

What a great report.It looks like you all had fun.Hoping to do a cruise for my 40th unfortunatly it isnt until 2011
Old 7 Sep 08, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooterdevil View Post
What a great report.It looks like you all had fun.Hoping to do a cruise for my 40th unfortunatly it isnt until 2011
It'll be worth waiting for

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 08, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Great pics.
We had Vijay for our Easter cruise, was Madalenka your assistant server? Best we have had in 4 Disney cruises, hoping he moves to the Magic for next year. Couldn't do enough for us, although Madalenka was very poor, don't know if she was new, got better as the cruise went on.

s6.photobucket/albums/y23...20Spring%2008/
Old 7 Sep 08, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Great pics.
We had Vijay for our Easter cruise, was Madalenka your assistant server? Best we have had in 4 Disney cruises, hoping he moves to the Magic for next year. Couldn't do enough for us, although Madalenka was very poor, don't know if she was new, got better as the cruise went on...
LOL Wayne IASW

He had another assistant server with him but she wasn't that great either. Vijay made a point of telling us that when we were filling our comment cards that they were judged as a team so we based our comments on his service which was first class.

On our second night we were the only table of his that turned up for dinner so we had a great chat with him and he was telling us some interesting stories including one about when he worked at one of the top hotels in Israel and how they prepared everything Kosher.

He also brought out extra food for us even though we didn't order it. One night we were talking about Indian food and the next night we had a Korma along with our dinner

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 08, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
On our second night we were the only table of his that turned up for dinner so we had a great chat with him and he was telling us some interesting stories including one about when he worked at one of the top hotels in Israel and how they prepared everything Kosher.

He also brought out extra food for us even though we didn't order it. One night we were talking about Indian food and the next night we had a Korma along with our dinner
We got talking to him about his time in Israel also and once he found out we loved Indian food brought us allsorts out. The night we had these pics taken we started our main couse and out came a curry to go with it, One evening for dessert we were saying we were not sure what to have so he just brought one of each, another night no idea where he went to get ame a piece of cheesecake as I didn't fancy anything on the menu. Hope next years server is as good, August 22nd-29th doing Western itinery.
Old 14 Sep 08, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Great report Tink.
You mentioned that the first room was small, was the second room the same size?
I'm thinking of a Disney Cruise next year and was considering sharing a cabin with my two older children.

Gary
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 08, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Penu View Post
Great report Tink.
You mentioned that the first room was small, was the second room the same size?
I'm thinking of a Disney Cruise next year and was considering sharing a cabin with my two older children.

Gary
It was just as small but then if you're not spending much time in your room it shouldn't really matter. There is a privacy curtain which should help with getting dressed etc.,

Old 14 Sep 08, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Cabins on cruise ships are small (unless you spend a fortune) but Disney ships are not too bad especially when compared to a ship like Sovereign of the seas, they are small.
As Tink says you are not in it much, sleep and getting changed. We have stayed in the smallest inside cabins to a larger Verandah(free upgrade ) no way would I pay for more space or verandah, we just don't need it but others like it, we are 2 adults and a 13 year old but he is 6' 1"
Old 14 Sep 08, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely to see your photos. Brings back fabulous memories.

I don;t know if you read my post about feeling strange, sea-legs or whatever. The first I noticed t was on CC too but what worried me was that it lasted for 2-3 weeks after I got home! I sometimes felt like I was walking uphill when the ground was flat.
Glad to report that it has all gone now and it wouldn't put me off doing it all again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 08, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by les13 View Post
... The first I noticed t was on CC too but what worried me was that it lasted for 2-3 weeks after I got home!...
It sounds like I was lucky only to have it at CC. I took a seasick tablet on the morning we left the ship and didn't feel anything after that.

I sometimes felt like I was walking uphill when the ground was flat. Glad to report that it has all gone now and it wouldn't put me off doing it all again.
Mine felt like I was a bit woozy and as if I couldn't walk properly - a bit like being drunk