Old 8 Oct 08, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Cruising the Caribbean - Day three - Sea day

28th September 2008

Today was going to be a nice relaxing day at sea - the weather was forcast to be great. Sunrise was to be around 6.20am. Alarm was set for 6, determined not to waste any time on this cruise - sleeping is unneccasary , can do that at home!

So up, showered and dressed and out the room by 6.10, speedy! Got the lift down to the Royal Promenade - Really needed a drink, so went to the Cafe Promenade.
It was so empty.. I wonder why? lol

Drank my drink and got back in the lift and upto deck 12, here's what greeted me.

Breathetaking views , which were to only get so much better later on in the week. It was just me on the top deck , along with a few other picture takers and the odd crazy few doing laps around the jogging track.

I walked around the top of the ship and also by the pools on deck 11. Returned back to my room for an hour or two sleep.

A very yummy breakfast was served in the Windjammer - Most days it consisted of Bacon and toast. I had a waffle with them for the first brekkie! Great views from eating here.
( I normally have my toast burnt - so wasn't that fussed these pieces lol)
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3292/2924001783_e8596afbac.jpg[IMG]

After a scrummy breakfast we explored the ship some more. Stopped by the Royal Caribbean onboard travel agent to see if they had any Oasis info for a fellow DIBBer , which they sadly did'nt have.

Not that great a picture.

Went upto the Viking crown now - to see the views on deck 14. The Olive and twist lounge , in the second picture.

Deck 15 - the skylight chapel. Amazing place to get married!

Temperature was now in the upper 80's and time to strip off! Went upto the St Tropez deck - Which I was later to learn is where all the European ladies go topless.. oooer. This was an amazing sight.. We were all so alone, not a ship, animal, land in site all around us. Just Sun, blue skies and the Sea.

Continued below...
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
I really really couldn't believe how blue the sea actually was - View from balcony. ( Worth every penny BTW!)

Dinner was back to the Windjammer. More pizza and mash.

The corridors were so long. With us being just behind the Bridge at the front and the windjammer being at the very back - it took us soooooo long to get there. ( I was with a pensioner, so it wasn't me who walked slow - I just walked slow on the way back!)

Popped down stairs to see tonights menu.

A few hours went by , lying by the pool - which was gorgeous ( the main pool) - Tummy started to rumble.. lol. So we decided to try Sorrento's pizza, I was looking forward to this alot.

It was very yummy. We spent a while checking out the shops ( came out of the perfume shop smelling like I belonged on a street corner. )

Popped by the Cafe Promenade for a drink to take upstairs , Mmmmmmmmm Sprite. Saw some yummy cookies and a Turkey and cranberry sandwich calling my name, would of been rude to have left them!

Sunsets onboard were really early I thought , sunset tonight was arund 6pmish I think! Got to see it from the balcony. It was quite cool, because there was a big massive cloud burst of rain a few hundred yards away from the ship! You can see on the pics. Didn't affect us though!

The rain went from nearby , all the way until it was a distant glimpse.

Continued below...
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews

I couldn't get over how calm the sea had been so far - Felt no rocking at all! I must admit, was a tad disapointed!

It was now just before 7 and turned the TV on. Our great comedian and the Cruise Director.

Tonight was formal night - gulp! I took a suit with me , which I wore and I kinda enjoyed dressing up. Even though I looked really quite smart against some! ( Jeans come to mind!)

We were the first to arrive at the table this evening. Time went by and woaah , looked like it was just us. Been stood up by our table mates. Oh great! Two of us on a table of ten. Minutes later our Head waiter ( love this woman! ) came over with a very attractive mid-20's woman. She was in a party of 13 , but was the only one who wanted to use the dining room. She table hopped every night. We had a great evening chatting away to her, she was so lovely! She was from Canary Wharf in London. Wish she'd of been with us every night. Anyhoo made good friends with her. Lucky thing was off to Vegas when she got of the ship!

The starters tonight really didn't take my fancy , so the waiter brought me out a Ceaser salad , I don't like white crunchy lettuce so shamefully didn't eat too much of it! ( Think croutons!)

Entree - I ordered the Black Angus Top Sirloin , which is on the menu every night as a backup for guests. Well what can I say ? It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous! I could of eaten several!

Whilst on Cruise critic I'd read about a Sugar-free coconut cake - I think this was the one. Now it was the nicest dessert I've ever tried! ( Ha remember last night?)

After dinner - we went upto our room to get changed , or dress down a bit. When we got there we discovered our first towel animal.. Excitement got the better of me and I was jumping all over the place!
Bless our stateroom attendant! His name was Conrad from the Phillipines, he was so lovely.

A blurry pic of me lol.. Took my suit jacket and tie off ready for the show. This is the tummy before picture , and I'll show the tummy after the cruise picture.. When I find the camera , it got lost in between the rolls of fat, so I can't put that up yet, need to find it. No joke. Ha.

The Post-dinner show tonight was , one word ( which I seem to be using alot) - AMAZING! It was just like broadway , or a west end show.

The show ended around 12 and I was sooooooooo tired, I struggled to press the lift button. Got to bed and fell straight asleep. Was to be up again at 6 tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed today as much as I did!
Old 8 Oct 08, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

what amazing photos you must of had afantastic time! we sailed with royal carribbean for our honeymoon 15 years ago! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 08, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

WOW... and wow...what a brilliant day.
Im loving reading your trippie and the photos are fab
Elaine
Old 8 Oct 08, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

ooooh i wanna go on one! fantastic ste!
Old 8 Oct 08, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Another fab day Ste,just chilling about,I love sea days soooooooo relaxing.Must say you look rather dapper in your finery
Old 8 Oct 08, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dave and lesley
Imagineer

dave and lesley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
great pics and report again Ste, Mate, did you make a good decision ignoring OV and going on this one. It looks amazing
2010 SSR HRH, 11 SSR Cocoa beach, 12 SSR HRH,
2014 SSR GFV Wedding, 15 LBV, 17 Miami Beach
dave and lesley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 08, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for the lovely trip report, we are off on Monarch of the Seas at new year, Cant wait

Nicola
Old 8 Oct 08, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Originally Posted by yids View Post
Thank you for the lovely trip report, we are off on Monarch of the Seas at new year, Cant wait

Nicola
Let me know what it's like - I booked the Monarch today for next May!