Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Jul 15, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

The one I knew nothing about - Day 1

Up bright and early , well apart from the light allergic teenager who just sleeps all the time !

Daddy said it was a nice easy clear drive to Dover. The briefest passport check in history followed by a random security check by a lady who seemed more concerned that we weren’t in school . My big sis has finished her exams so had left and Mummy had agreed with the school I could be away.

It was funny waiting for the big boat , there were lots of Daddys kneeling at the front of their cars looking very confused reading instructions for headlight converters and as Mummys looked on with typical look of resignation.

On board Daddy got his bank loan to pay for the cooked breakfast . I then managed managed to drop my egg... I told them all "I've dropped my egg but it's Ok it’s on my foot" as I carefully balanced it on the edge of my foot where I caught it. No idea what was so funny mysef...

Nice and safe arrival in Dunkirk and daddy drove the car off the boat. Daddy then wasn't happy with the woman doing the navigations. He said the sat nag didn't have the roads on it but he managed to sort it out.

They still wouldn't tell me where we were going but I didn't mind.

We'd only been on the road about forty minutes when I got my first surprise..we stopped at a chocolate shop

It was a very nice placed call P-J. Daddy said he wondered what commission they paid the coach drivers as there was a lot of English people on coaches here but the chocolate was yummy ! I bought lots !

We got back in the car and drove to somewhere called Brussels in Belgium. I always thought Brussels were the green things at Christmas that smelt like papas trumps but apparently it's the capital of Belgium, My sister thought Belgium was in France but she's silly.

We went to a really funny looking place called the Atomium , it looked like a big toy but daddy said it was there for the expo... I could hear some music playing of a band getting ready.

It turned out my next surprise was to go to a One Direction concert ! Just 6 years old and my first gig was a stadium concert in a different country. My big sister took me in , she thinks she's going to marry Louis. I don't mind as it's Harry I love.

It was really good buy very loud so I asked my sister to leave a bit early. My daddy said this was good as it meant we'd avoid the traffic. He said something about taking an hour to get from Cardiff to Newport and the hotel being overbooked just the week before.

We stopped for a burger and I couldn't resist the soft play. Parents just never understood where we get our energy from do they ?
We stayed in the Crowne plaza at the airport and it was really nice !

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 15, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Ooh could you ask an adult where the big chocolate shop is and what it was called? And was it far from Dunkirk?

Looking forward to the rest of the trip.
Old 19 Jul 15, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
Ooh could you ask an adult where the big chocolate shop is and what it was called? And was it far from Dunkirk?

Looking forward to the rest of the trip.
There's a few of them around the Dunkirk/Calais area.. this one in particular caters for coaches over for the day trip nipping to Belgium as the tobacco costs are a lot lower in Belgium than France.

BUT we went for the choc as my Grampy is diabetic and they do quite a lot of sugar free chocolate.

This one was ay Oostendse Baan 152a , 8470 Snaaskerke - about 30 minutes up the E40 if you were heading to Brussels , very very close to the main road.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 15, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you

Now to decide whether to head to Belgium or not...

Always on the look out for something to do on the way, also considering going a day early and doing a day trip into Paris.
Old 7 May 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Love chocolate so I too would buy a lot 😁
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Caught the egg on your foot. I'm crying. 😂
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List