Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 19 Jul 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

November Xmas Fun at DLP - Day 1 & 2 Travel

The day finally arrived & we set off after school on the long drive to Dover, arriving at Premier Inn Dover Central just before 11pm. We’d booked a family room and after the girls & I checked in the boys followed us up and the staff pointed out that as there were more than 4 of us they could have refused us entry (oops!) Luckily they let us all stay as hubby would have been sleeping in the car The journey itself was uneventful bar the usual sibling bickering and a stop off half way for tea at a service station McDonalds.

The room was hot & cramped & after very little sleep it was soon 5.30am & time to get up as we were booked on the 6:20am ferry! Not surprisingly no-one wanted to wake up & there was a last minute rush to get everyone packed up & out the door! I was slightly worried we may be delayed as the previous night we’d passed a huge queue of wagons parked up waiting for the ferry, which must have stretched for over a mile! As it turned out we arrived at the port to find out the ferries were all delayed due to high winds overnight. We were put on the next ferry, leaving at 7:10 and thankfully after a choppy start the sea soon settled. We headed to the café to get some breakfast and arrived in Calais just before 10am.

Can you see Mickey yet?!

The roads out of the port were lined with high security fences but we got a glimpse of the masses of tents that made up the Calais jungle. We’d all been naturally anxious over security following the events of the previous week but we didn’t feel unsafe at any point.

We stopped off en route for lunch at the services & found the French equivalent of McDonalds – ‘Quick Burger’. The kids weren’t too impressed but as I don’t eat bread or chips I can’t comment on the taste as I had my own snacks from home in the car lol

We checked into the Davy Crockett Ranch just before 3pm & I got very excited looking at all the decorations in the reception area lol There was a free cleaning pack to pick up from the Alamo Trading Post so we collected that & bought some milk ready for the morning. After unpacking the car we had a quick snack, got all the PJ’s ready for our return & headed over to the studios

Master bedroom

Kids bedroom
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The chalet looks lovely 😍 And love the photo bomb lol
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List