Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We got the CityPass. We chose the Alcatraz option rather than the Cruise. You get a 3 day Muni passport which covers trolleys, buses and cable cars. You also get other attractions such as the Aquarium of the Bay.

I think it represented good value.

This is the link to the page.

citypass/san-francisco
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following with interest
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
We got the CityPass. We chose the Alcatraz option rather than the Cruise. You get a 3 day Muni passport which covers trolleys, buses and cable cars. You also get other attractions such as the Aquarium of the Bay.

citypass/san-francisco
Hi
How do you swap the cruise for Alcatraz as this is something I would like to do?

Edited at 11:11 AM.
lottiesmum0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Hi
How do you swap the cruise for Alcatraz as this is something I would like to do?
On the main page there is a link to Alcatraz site. Choose your date and time then call them in US and ask to buy the CityPass while reserving your Alcatraz trip.

They take your money and you can pay extra to have the passes shipped, or you bring ID and proof of purchase and pick them up at the Alcatraz ticket booth.
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
I think you need lots of spends anyway our holiday cost over £15k all in for 4 weeks in California/LV a family of of four. It's the tips in restaurants that add on loads.
Definitely worth spending to go on Dylans tours though you see so much of the city and can decide from there where to visit again.

Thank you. We're certainly not on a budget trip by any means - we all appear to have very expensive tastes in holidays ! Think I will plan the Dylans Famous Tour for our first day. Will save the kids legs walking too far when they will be a bit jetlagged and it sounds a great way to see a good part of the city. Very excited, thanks again
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post

citypass/san-francisco

This sounds like a good plan, thank you
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
Could I ask where you leave your bikes at the other side of the bridge and how you are getting to Muir Woods, thanks.

I have decided to take Haight Ashbury out of the plan.

Have a great trip.
Hi sorry that I am late getting back to you..
The bikes are dumped in Sausalito at the point where you embark on the minibus to Muir Woods.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

There has been some great tips and advice on here - thank you. Back to some trip planning today whilst we are snowed in in Scotland!

I had also meant to ask if anyone had any advice on the best i.e. quietest place, to board the cable cars? I had read that you could queue for an hour at some spots and would be keen to avoid a wait like that if possible. Any advice please?
Old 2 Mar 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Thought i'd do some more holiday planning whilst snowed in too!

From Fishermans Wharf area heading to Union Square the queue's stayed fairly quite until 10.30am at both the Bay/Powell and Powell/Mason lines. They then started to build, not going down until 7pm ish. Our room at the Hyatt overlooked the Powell/Bay turnaround and we were amazed how long the queue would get at times. Not sure about heading back the other way.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List