Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thumbs up Booked Sapphire Falls August 2019...yaaaay!

Finally finally booked!
I know its a long way off but so excited.
Anyone else stayed at SF? Any tips? Xx

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

WDW: Solana Resort 2012
Lowes Sapphire Falls August 2019
Lowes Pacific Royal Resort Club Level August 2020] Cancelled !
Hard Rock Hotel September 2021
dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just booked Sapphire falls for November this year, we are so excited, I keep going on you tube to watch the videos. I can update you when we get back.
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at Sapphire Falls earlier this month and it is a gorgeous hotel.

The water taxi's are very regular and there is also a shuttle bus but that is less frequent. We often walked as it is a pleasant walk but in height of summer would say take the water taxi! There is a shuttle bus to Volcano Bay that is regular but a bit frustrating that you cannot walk to it as you can see the Volcano from the hotel!

We ate (and drank!) in the Strong Water Tavern and it was nice. They serve small plates, tapas style, but it was tasty. We got a couple bits from the Dutch Trading Company but it was pretty expensive for what is was. The Dhrum Pool Bar was good and the staff were really friendly. We didn't eat at Amatista but looked to be nice.

The rooms themselves are pretty standard in layout but there was plenty of space for the two of us. We were on floor five and would stay again. They were decorated nicely and the beds were so comfortable.

Pool was lovely and plenty of seats, there is a slide that my husband sneaked on when the kids were not there!

Think I have gone on far too long now but if you have any questions let me know and I can see if I can answer them. It is a gorgeous hotel and you will have a great time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dcems View Post
Finally finally booked!
I know its a long way off but so excited.
Anyone else stayed at SF? Any tips? Xx
Awesome! We loved it when we went last year!

Who did you book with?
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I booked with Virgin

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

WDW: Solana Resort 2012
Lowes Sapphire Falls August 2019
Lowes Pacific Royal Resort Club Level August 2020] Cancelled !
Hard Rock Hotel September 2021
dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ClaireEllon View Post
We stayed at Sapphire Falls earlier this month and it is a gorgeous hotel.

The water taxi's are very regular and there is also a shuttle bus but that is less frequent. We often walked as it is a pleasant walk but in height of summer would say take the water taxi! There is a shuttle bus to Volcano Bay that is regular but a bit frustrating that you cannot walk to it as you can see the Volcano from the hotel!

We ate (and drank!) in the Strong Water Tavern and it was nice. They serve small plates, tapas style, but it was tasty. We got a couple bits from the Dutch Trading Company but it was pretty expensive for what is was. The Dhrum Pool Bar was good and the staff were really friendly. We didn't eat at Amatista but looked to be nice.

The rooms themselves are pretty standard in layout but there was plenty of space for the two of us. We were on floor five and would stay again. They were decorated nicely and the beds were so comfortable.

Pool was lovely and plenty of seats, there is a slide that my husband sneaked on when the kids were not there!

Think I have gone on far too long now but if you have any questions let me know and I can see if I can answer them. It is a gorgeous hotel and you will have a great time
Staying here for 2 nights this October. Thanks for all the info - so looking forward to staying here!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at Sapphire Falls in December and loved it. The water taxis were convenient and frequent. The walk from Citywalk is about 10 minutes, but there are tuk-tuks out on an evening who will transport you for a tip. The pool was huge and really well themed and we saw activities like pool games and sports tournaments taking place. There are also a few bars around the pool area and the towel pick up/ exchange stand also had free lemon/lime water to keep you hydrated.

We stayed over Christmas so they also had free hot chocolate and cookies some days and Strong Water had some free alcohol tastings in the lobby. Nice lobby it is too with a few different sitting areas and a sunken seating area with massive tv showing sports (had the Liverpool game on one morning so if you’re into football, you may be in luck).

We ate 3 times at Amatista and found it excellent - the food was tasty and reasonably priced and the servers were spectacular, really friendly and seemed genuinely interested to chat and make your meal a special experience.

Unfortunately the thing that let it down for us was The New Dutch Trading Company quick service. There is pretty much no seating, terrible variety of food unless you’re looking for pre-packed sandwiches and bags of crisps and the prices are extortionate - $6 for a cup of tea as a prime example. The hot items (chicken, mash, soup) are just sat out pretty much all day as there’s really no call for them. The menu suggests that you can have sandwiches made up but we were told that menu relates to pre-made sandwiches in the fridge (of which there was little variety). The ice cream was ok but pricey and breakfast sandwiches were at least freshly made but again, very pricey. Think a Disney quick service plus a few dollars. There are also no groceries on site so if you do want snacks etc you’ll need to taxi or obviously pick up things if you have a car.

It wouldn’t stop us from staying again, but I do think they had an opportunity to do a decent quick service and have really dropped the ball on this.

Hope that info helps
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List