Notices

Old 10 Jul 17, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

New England Staycation July 2017 - Travel Day

So I was up super early this morning and it's a gorgeous day already at 8am - not a cloud in the sky and I think whilst are friends are flying this way I'll be mostly lounging out here! Yesterday we had a huge freak storm so there have been a ton of trees down in the neighborhood- I'm pleased to report no damage here and hopefully that's the last of the rain for a few weeks!

Jez has been at the supermarket picking up lots of nice things for the fridge and to snack on - I don't think we will be going hungry anytime soon! We have a ton of supermarkets to pick from and some even do a few essentials from home such as Heinz baked beans LoL

A quick clean around the house (I thought I'd throw in some random house shots along the way) and it's now just waiting and watching flight progress! Our friends are flying indirect on WoW - as it's school holidays it was quite a bit cheaper this way!

The dining room hasn't been used yet... let's see if we test drive it this Staycation!

We decided to pop out for lunch - of course that means just one place - Panera #myhappyplace. I found this in Orlando a few years back and have been hooked ever since! It's great for breakfast and lunch... I'm sure a lot of you already know by French onion soup is my absolute favorite and the salads are great! You can do a 'pick 2' for slightly smaller sizes which are just perfect for lunch! We both also had the chilli lime chicken salad which is becoming another firm favorite!

I wanted to pop into Marshalls to look at the make-up - I'd seen a number of people posting pictures of Pixi at really ridiculous prices so of course needed to check it out and snap up a few bargains! I have to say I'd never really gone here in Orlando - but I know a lot of people have picked up great deals on designer bags and clothes! It's all part of the same chain as TJ Maxx and Homegoods (U.K. Version is Home Sense!) and I'm obsessed at the beautiful home bargains! I'm sure we will visit there at some stage in the next couple of weeks!
I picked up doubles of everything for one of my favorite people - Cheryl is my dibb friend and I feel like I've known her forever, I always try and visit whenever I'm back in the U.K...we are shopping twins - she picks up anything I need from the U.K. and I grab her USA items! The palettes were only $5 and the pots $3!

I also picked myself one of these brush dryer units for $6 - saves me trying to line up on the counter only for my kitty's to knock on floor thinking it's a game!

Cheryl and 2 other Dibbs (Lisa and Lisa) are coming over in October - also hoping Kirsty might come as well. It it depends on her work schedule! We will be doing lots of shopping, eating and exploring and I'm sure we will also do Dibb reports!

We still had a few hours to spare so we just mooched around the house - it was getting seriously hot outside even my music cut off as the photo got too hot! #firstworldproblems

Last minute tidy round in our room - bed looks comfy and neat!

I sat on the porch and watched the world go by! I love our new chairs it looks like something on an American film - but they are real!

So at about 4pm we started our journey to the airport - the weather today is beautiful! We made it in just about an hour and it wasn't long before we were reunited!

Everyone was knackered so we did a quick stop on the way home to Carabbas - yummy Italian food... in all the excitement I didn't take photos! Oppps
So that brings me to the end of travel day - tomorrow the plan is to head to the mountains and waterfalls at Franconia - hope you can join us! Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 10 Jul 17 2:55 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Morning Debs 😘,
Your home looks lovely inside as well as out. Looking forward to reading more, have a great time with your friends xx
PS I am going to check on amazon for something like that make up brush stand for Meg, I didn't know anything like that existed cos she needs one of those in her life , so do I cos she usually dries her brushes on the bathroom window sill 😡😡

Edited at 09:08 AM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Morning Debs 😘,
Your home looks lovely inside as well as out. Looking forward to reading more, have a great time with your friends xx
PS I am going to check on amazon for something like that make up brush stand for Meg, I didn't know anything like that existed cos she needs one of those in her life so do I count she usually dries her brushes on the bathroom window sill 😡😡
Ha ha looking for one of those brush stands for Lucy was exactly my first thought from today's report 😂 another window sill dryer in this house!

Your new home is gorgeous Debi - the sunbed is fab. Nice to see you have a local Panera Bread. Have a good day today.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Ha ha looking for one of those brush stands for Lucy was exactly my first thought from today's report 😂 another window sill dryer in this house!

Your new home is gorgeous Debi - the sunbed is fab. Nice to see you have a local Panera Bread. Have a good day today.
They are on amazon if you search under make up brush stands ... I checked straight after I'd messaged on here
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All ready for an enjoyable time we like Carrabbas too

Joan
Old 10 Jul 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Hi my lovely, ooh this has whetted my appetite for our visit to you. Thankyou so much for picking up the make up. Don't forget to send me your lists! Can't wait for the food either. Love love love carrabbas. Have a wonderful week with your friends and I'll look forward to reading all about it. Xxxx
Old 10 Jul 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh your home is so beautiful 😍

Wish I had known about pixi deals in marshalls! Another to add to the list. Looking forward to the rest of this. A refreshing change from the usual TRs as much as I love those too.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Debs, you're home is absolutely stunning. I love your porch chairs, they are so American. The weather looks brilliant, I'm so jealous, it's not exactly been hot here in the west of Scotland. I'm looking forward to your staycation report. Have fun with your friends.
Old 10 Jul 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to following your staycation! Thanks for sharing 😀
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List