Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleT View Post
I posted at the same time ! Thanks for your suggestions, I've just booked a studio at desert palms £595 for 3 nights. Most of the hotels seem to be around £200 per night for July next year.

Love the comment about the kids sleeping on the edge of the beds that will definately be mine
I'm going the same time as you and I'm finding the same £200 p/n booking on cancellable rates in the hope they reduce
Old 28 Oct 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I’d share with DD and get DH to share with DS.
Exactly what we did when we stayed in a two bed room in Miami this summer. DS16 and DD13
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Places like Homewood suites and Extended Stay and Residence Inn will have rooms with two double beds and a sofa bed in the lounge. That would give you three seperate beds and more room without breaking the bank.

For Vegas both the Orleans and Tuscanysuites have huge rooms with plenty of space for a rollaway as a third bed and we've had great stays at both.

Airbnb may work for you too.

Edited at 01:45 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We are off n the same position. I usually find one with a sofa bed or use airbnb.

If all else fails I sleep with DD (fine as she is a still sleeper) and DH gets to share with DS (a fidgeter - lots of fun for DH )

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m on the look out for larger rooms/Suites but more because dh doesn’t sleep well. Like others I sleep with dd17 and dh sleeps with ds13, we find it hard in one room but are hoping it will be ok for our road trip next year as there is no way we can afford 2 rooms! The Columbus Motor Inn in San Francisco has 2 bedroom suites, I did email them a couple of weeks ago for prices in August but they aren’t out yet. I’ve booked a 2 bed suite in Las Vegas in the Marriott Grand Chateau, but this is using points, if I was paying for the room I’d probably go to the MGM signature.
I did look at the Best Western Yosemite Gateway as that had 2 bedroom suites but we have decided to stick with the one room and stay in the park.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Another alternative is looking at Airbnb. We stayed in lovely three bedroom house in Page Airzona, and a fantastic cabin near Zion.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have had the same problem for the past few years.

As already mentioned some of the hotels do 'suites' that often comprise of 2 queen beds and another sofa bed and this works well. Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and Hyatt Place are all of decent quality and have used multiple times.

You could also take a look at this website which lists rooms that sleeps 5 or more. We found our SF hotel last year from this (Beresford Arms)...
sleeps5/#

Good choice with the Cosmopolitan - stayed there last year and loved it!
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Thanks again for all your suggestions you've been a huge help. We will look at an airb&b rental for our longest stay which is 6 nights in San Diego, the rest I will try to book into the suite hotels with the sofa bed.
Thanks for posting the link above, I've just checked it out and it's very helpful 👍
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This post has helped me too - thanks.
I’m looking for 2 BR with twin beds or bunks or a rollaway in 1 room & Queen in the other then home rentals if nothing suitable.
I’m looking in Burbank, Anaheim, Yosemite, by MM, Monterey, Santa Barbara & Newport Beach... latter 2 want right on the beach which is proving hard with not having 5k for a few nights rental!
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jasminedivas View Post
I did look at the Best Western Yosemite Gateway as that had 2 bedroom suites but we have decided to stick with the one room and stay in the park.
We stayed in a 2 room suite at the Yosemite Gateway in Oakhurst and had an amazing time! It had 4 double beds in total across 2 bedrooms with a kitchen and balcony, was the best hotel of our holiday. Oakhurst was a lovely little town, great rib shack for dinner and a fab diner for breakfast.