Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jan 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Columbus Motor Inn - San Francisco

Hi everyone,

We've got this hotel booked for 3 days as part of our upcoming holiday. Having a look on trip advisor the majority of reviews are great, most hotels have the odd terrible review, but the terrible reviews for this hotel all mention bed bugs!

Just after reassurance from people who have stopped there that the hotel is OK? My wife is a clean freak so when she saw the pictures and reviews it freaked her out a bit!
jontybfc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had 4 nights there last August. It was clean but old fashioned & a bit tired.
If we went again I’d maybe pay more I think & stay elsewhere but it was really fine for the first visit. In good location, free parking, huge rooms.
No bed bugs in our room!
Old 31 Jan 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Had no issues... we liked the hotel and worked within our budget...

Check my trip report for my days in San Francisco. ..
Old 31 Jan 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Casey12
Proud to wear my Ears

We are booked in too, I hate the thought of bed bugs. I did think there would be more reports of them if it was bad
Casey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Casey12
Proud to wear my Ears

Just checked the reviews ( in case there was any poor ones recently) and I'm still happy.
Casey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

On the same street, I would highly recommend Cow Hollow Inn.
Old 31 Jan 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
On the same street, I would highly recommend Cow Hollow Inn.
We liked it there too,and would definitely stay there again!
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Twilight Nerd
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at Columbus Motor Inn in 2016 and would definitely stay again, as previously said bit old fashioned but clean, central and great value for money. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Twilight Nerd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
the_lemms
Proud to wear my Ears

Cow hollow is on Lombard street, about 1.5 miles from the Columbus motor inn, we stayed at Coventry motor inn on Lombard st, would happily stay again location is fine (as is the Cow Hollow) a nice walk into wharf area and streets are felt safe when we walked back after dark. We did originally book the Columbus but changed due to the Coventry having slightly better trip adviser rating and being slightly cheaper (the Cow Hollow was fully booked otherwise we would have booked there)
the_lemms is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to hijack - has anyone ever stayed at Chelsea Motor Inn? It's on Lombard Street as well and seems to be quite close to Cow Hollow Inn (which didn't have availability for our dates). We've booked Chelsea Inn so would love to hear any experiences!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List