Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm going around the same time as you (think it's the 3rd we will be there) and I'm hanging out for a later tour as we're not planning to get into the valley until later in the day as I've heard that parking is a nightmare in August.

I've also read this about Yosemite Valley Lodge.

Pardon Our Dust: We are making exciting changes to the Food Court! Yosemite Hospitality is renovating the Food Court to the NEW Base Camp Eatery, opening early spring 2018. Guests will enjoy Base Camp's updated and comfortable dining area with a variety of convenient dining options.
Old 14 Feb 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post
I'm going around the same time as you (think it's the 3rd we will be there) and I'm hanging out for a later tour as we're not planning to get into the valley until later in the day as I've heard that parking is a nightmare in August.

I've also read this about Yosemite Valley Lodge.

Pardon Our Dust: We are making exciting changes to the Food Court! Yosemite Hospitality is renovating the Food Court to the NEW Base Camp Eatery, opening early spring 2018. Guests will enjoy Base Camp's updated and comfortable dining area with a variety of convenient dining options.
We will just miss you as we are leaving on the 3rd- also heard that parking is a nightmare! I was quite excited about Yosemite but I’m hoping it won’t turn into a big hassle :-)
Old 14 Feb 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
We will just miss you as we are leaving on the 3rd- also heard that parking is a nightmare! I was quite excited about Yosemite but I’m hoping it won’t turn into a big hassle :-)
Last year they trialled reserved parking in August - they might do similar this year.
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Parking was very difficult last year in August. We stayed on site for a few days and struggled to find somewhere. When we did we left our car there until we left the park at the end of the stay.
We used the buses, although they were very busy.
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
`Is the Glacier point bus tour also worth doing (was thinking bus one way and 'hiking' back as it suggests you can do)`

Amazing the amount of people I speak to that have been to Yosemite and never been to Glacier Point... for me it' is the absolute one thing to do in the park... however not sure about hiking back... I swear it took us around 45 mins to drive from the Valley floor to GP?

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

hi again for Yosemite its all about getting up and at it early, this means those staying outside haven't arrived and you will have more freedom
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

We plan to get parked and leave the car there for the whole time. We're going to do the Glacier Point tour.
Old 14 Feb 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post
We are there the 3rd and 4th! I heard that the lodge has allocated parking for guests? Is it really a free for all?

Looking forward to the new eateries :-)

We will definitely do both tours
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Are you stopping overnight en route from Yosemite to Las Vegas? It's a long drive.
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Yosemite to vegas is ok we went via tioga pass and had a couple of stops, we left at 10 and got there just after 4.15
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List