Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

View Poll Results: Where have you been moved too?
Beach Club 16 45.71%
Yacht Club 5 14.29%
Old Key West 1 2.86%
Wilderness Lodge 1 2.86%
Animal Kingdom 7 20.00%
Other 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Feb 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by taylorjo4 View Post
We are booked to stay at the Beach Club but we have been moved to the Grand Floridian. Nobody has been in touch to tell us but it’s showing on mydisneyexperience and when I phoned Disney they said we had been allocated Boardwalk Inn originally then moved to Grand Floridian but that was all they could tell us. We have booked through virgin but they know nothing about the change and think we are still staying at the Beach Club. Have made numerous phone calls to Disney and Virgin but still can’t get a clear answer. We are actually really disappointed because we love staying at the Beach Club. We love the area, the pool and being able to walk most places, especially when the Food and Wine Festival is on. Who did you all contact to get answers? Thanks!
If you try phoning the normal 0800 number then ask to speak to Crosby (or one of his colleagues) regarding your change of hotel. He has helped most of us out!
Sorry you are disappointed about your change though! Beach Club is my dream hotel so I can understand, even if GF is classed as a major upgrade!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

So I've logged onto MDE today (as usual) and I am now showing as in a 2 bed at OKW instead of our 1 bed at SSR.

I should be really pleased as the extra space will be great with our parents and means hubby and I are no longer sleeping on a sofa bed (we were obviously happy to do so) but I am a little bit gutted as we don't really love the quick service at OKW and obviously Disney springs is no longer walking distance. Do you think it's worth giving them a call? If nothing else I would like a golf course view if we're staying at OKW and wondering if I might swing them into giving us that.

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
taylorjo4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks! Will give them a call tomorrow. My husband spoke to Virgin again today and they have finally confirmed that we were moved due to lack of rooms, even though we booked in June 2017! We’re now waiting for them to get back to us to discuss our options.
taylorjo4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taylorjo4 View Post
Thanks! Will give them a call tomorrow. My husband spoke to Virgin again today and they have finally confirmed that we were moved due to lack of rooms, even though we booked in June 2017! We’re now waiting for them to get back to us to discuss our options.

That might be our fault , we had originally booked the Yacht Club back in April but our travel dates changed slightly. When I called at the end of January there was no availability at the Yacht Club for the extra nights and all they could offer was the Beach Club for our stay, although I noticed it wasn’t available on the website for those dates.

The Beach Club looks nice but we would rather have stayed at the Yacht Club as it seems much quieter. We arrive at Disney in 236 days... sorry.

It seems to be a bit of a mess, we were moved to a resort we didn’t chose and now it’s over subscribed so you are being moved out of a resort that you did chose

Edited at 09:14 AM.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I wish they overbooked June, would love to stay at broadwalk resort.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Can we have a list for those of us checking twice a day on the offchance we might get moved 😂😂
It looks like it's only october but one can hope, right?
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you’re a lot too early to be affected I’m afraid. We have been moved but to a 2 bed at OKW so not really the awesome beach club upgrade some have had. We have gone from a 1 to a 2 bed tho

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Sounds like October will be super popular this year! Enjoy your upgrade, I have only heard great things about OKW. You could call and ask to be changed to somewhere with QS to see if they can offer you alternative
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jbrockwell5081
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
We are 9th to 25th October - 1 bed Saratoga. Booked May 2017; confirmed before xmas and still desperately waiting to be moved. I'm sure we shouldn't be; but I'm a teensy bit gutted we haven't been moved yet.
jbrockwell5081 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Jacqui we arrive 2 days after you & were moved 3 weeks ago, I'd say if you haven't been moved by now ... but then they confirmed our booking in November !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List