No advice but WOW and big congratulations. How lovely. Enjoy
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

How fantastic -well done ! I really must start entering competitions !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
Congratulations! Do you mind me asking how you won it? Xx
It was on Heart Radio - they've been giving away Florida holidays throughout January...

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
What wonderful news. The GF is beautiful and I'm sure you will have a great time.

The VIP guide will be a great experience, can you choose which park it is in?
I think we can do multi-park, the lady I spoke to said to do a list of all the rides we want to do, places we want to eat and shows we want to watch - we've got him/her for 8 hours so I think we'll try to do at least 2 parks..

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting. Grand Flo is the resort my DH would love to stay at. Have you got any dining plan in the win? If so you will want to think about making plans for restaurant ADRs. Otherwise just enjoy the magic! I'm sure you will have a fab time.
I wish we had the dining plan included but sadly not (although the rest of the prize is so amazing that I don't care!). So we will need some spends for eating onsite but I can cope with that

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow that is fantastic, have a brilliant holiday
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done. I once won a week at Universal Studios, Portofino Bay Hotel with tickets.

Some folk think Grand Floridian is too posh but we love it. It's likely you won't be in the main building but in one of the several units around the property. We were in Boca Chica building and had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony. You can put the soundtrack on your room TV. We were just above where Narcoosees restaurant is located.

Resort map:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/web_images/maps/GFMap.pdf

Three tips - try lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe - The Grand sandwich is to die for - a tasty blend of flavors and textures with hot turkey, ham, bacon, creamy Boursin cheese, and crispy onion straws on a buttery rosemary bread.

The second - Mizners bar (2nd Floor) - enjoy a drink whilst listening to the live orchestra out on the balcony (very Glen Miller)

And third don't miss the Parasol Parade (Monday and Friday 8 a.m.) when the Mousekeeping ladies stroll through the grounds with their parasols on display.

Go find the Hidden Disney characters in the tiles on the ground floor. Just follow the tendrils of the pumpkins. There is a pianist plays at night near the large birdcage on the ground floor. Just go up and ask for your favourite Disney song and they will play it.

Bonus tip. Catch the Monorail to MK but when returning get the Friendship Boat (motor launch) from the jetty (right as you exit under the monorail beam). it's a lovely relaxed way to return to the resort and gives you a great view of Grand Floridian.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing to add but huge congratulations, what a dream prize to win. We won a weekend staying in Alton Towers once and was very excited about that. I can't imagine how exciting winning your prize must have been.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Congratulations
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Well done. I once won a week at Universal Studios, Portofino Bay Hotel with tickets.

Some folk think Grand Floridian is too posh but we love it. It's likely you won't be in the main building but in one of the several units around the property. We were in Boca Chica building and had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony. You can put the soundtrack on your room TV. We were just above where Narcoosees restaurant is located.

Resort map:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/web_images/maps/GFMap.pdf

Three tips - try lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe - The Grand sandwich is to die for - a tasty blend of flavors and textures with hot turkey, ham, bacon, creamy Boursin cheese, and crispy onion straws on a buttery rosemary bread.

The second - Mizners bar (2nd Floor) - enjoy a drink whilst listening to the live orchestra out on the balcony (very Glen Miller)

And third don't miss the Parasol Parade (Monday and Friday 8 a.m.) when the Mousekeeping ladies stroll through the grounds with their parasols on display.

Go find the Hidden Disney characters in the tiles on the ground floor. Just follow the tendrils of the pumpkins. There is a pianist plays at night near the large birdcage on the ground floor. Just go up and ask for your favourite Disney song and they will play it.

Bonus tip. Catch the Monorail to MK but when returning get the Friendship Boat (motor launch) from the jetty (right as you exit under the monorail beam). it's a lovely relaxed way to return to the resort and gives you a great view of Grand Floridian.
Wow, thanks for the detailed advice, much appreciated! I like the idea of ALL of the above... and thanks for the link to the map, I will print that off and add it to my paperwork

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations! Looks like the competition is still live too! I’ve just entered!

We stayed one night at the Grand Floridian and it’s a beautiful resort. The pool area is lovely and relaxing and it’s so close to MK.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List