Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 18, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Another sister hotel... Colombus Motor Inn. We stayed in 2016 and would highly recommend.

Good location with 5-10 min stroll to main areas.
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We stayed at the Lombard Plaza Motel, on Lombard Street funnily enough.
It was OK, about 20-25 minute walk to Fisherman's Wharf, rooms were OK but it was a bit noisy from the road. Had free parking and free wifi so was fine for the 3 nights we spent there.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

We stayed at Columbus motor inn, short walk to the wharf and decent enough for price but nothing fancy
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twilight Nerd
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at Columbus Motor Inn too and would recommend it
Twilight Nerd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are staying at the Lombard plaza motel- it’s about £160 per night for 4 of us and free parking
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
We are staying at the Lombard plaza motel- it’s about £160 per night for 4 of us and free parking
We walked to Fisherman's Wharf from there, but we had to get an Uber back, it was a lot of walking.
There's a Safeway supermarket just down the road, came in very handy
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I highly recommend using Trivago to search for hotels as will search most booking sites for the best deals, I've spent the last month looking for a nice hotel and struggled to find anything under £170 a night, in the end I looked on Priceline and got a 4* Villa Florence hotel at Union Sq for £92 a night
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Only stayed in San Fran once and found the hotels were out of our price for what we wanted to pay... gambled on Hotwire and managed to nab 3 nights at the Holiday Inn on the wharf for £63-00 per night...

Oh this was in 2009

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

So after deciding on Columbus motor inn, I tried to book it but it was fully booked for my dates. Back to the drawing board then.
I started looking again and went through Expedia as I had a £50 off code. Cow Hollow Inn was still on my shortlist but the reviews constantly mention how noisy the rooms on Lombard Street were, plus I couldn’t get free cancellation anywhere. I then spotted a hotel called Hotel Del Sol. Same area but had free continental breakfast and a pool. I’ve booked it with free cancellation and was happy with the price so fingers crossed 🤞
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
So after deciding on Columbus motor inn, I tried to book it but it was fully booked for my dates. Back to the drawing board then.
I started looking again and went through Expedia as I had a £50 off code. Cow Hollow Inn was still on my shortlist but the reviews constantly mention how noisy the rooms on Lombard Street were, plus I couldn’t get free cancellation anywhere. I then spotted a hotel called Hotel Del Sol. Same area but had free continental breakfast and a pool. I’ve booked it with free cancellation and was happy with the price so fingers crossed 🤞
I booked there when we went a few years ago. It was featured on Good Morning America as a hidden gem in San Fran. I've stayed in a few JDV hotels and I like their unique styles and boutique feel.
We stayed at The Tuscan in the end so can't personally recommend it.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List