Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Contemporary or Beach/Yacht Club

Hi everyone!

We're currently getting the spreadsheet prepped ready for our honeymoon next year, with a view to booking when free dining is (hopefully) released.

Based on the hotel-only pricing from VH, the two options we're currently considering within our budget for the Disney portion of our trip are;

The Contemporary (Garden Wing)
or
The Beach / Yacht Club (Standard)

Does anyone have any preference between the two or tips if you do have a favourite?

Initially my boyfriend loved the idea of the contemporary for the close proximity to Magic Kingdom, but our budget only stretches as far as the garden wing so we wouldn't be in the main building anyway which puts me off a little.

At the moment I think we're leaning towards Beach/Yacht but would love thoughts and opinions
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I haven't stayed at Contemporary so can't comment on the rooms (I know a lot of people rave about them) but we stayed at YC last year and the location can't be beaten in my opinion! We did visit the Contemporary a couple of times and, to be completely honest, apart from the proximity to MK I'm not a fan. I just prefer the decor/feel of YC/BC and the fact that you can walk to Epcot/HS is amazing! It's also so nice having the Boardwalk so close
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've also not stayed at the Contemporary, but have stayed at the Beach Club a few times and I'd choose it every time...

- Walk/boat to two parks, lovely for popping into Epcot for an evening drink and/or bite to eat
- Walk to the Boardwalk area
- Walk to the Swan/Dolphin and the many fab restaurants and bars.
- Short stagger home from Jellyrolls which is about the best night out you can have on Disney property.
- The best pool on property.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I haven't stayed at Contemporary so can't comment on the rooms (I know a lot of people rave about them) but we stayed at YC last year and the location can't be beaten in my opinion! We did visit the Contemporary a couple of times and, to be completely honest, apart from the proximity to MK I'm not a fan. I just prefer the decor/feel of YC/BC and the fact that you can walk to Epcot/HS is amazing! It's also so nice having the Boardwalk so close
Thank you! What you've said about the themeing/decor is exactly why we are leaning towards YC/BC.

Just wanted to make sure we weren't making a silly decision as the Contemporary is technically more expensive and this is going to be our last Florida trip for a little while so don't want to miss out
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I've also not stayed at the Contemporary, but have stayed at the Beach Club a few times and I'd choose it every time...

- Walk/boat to two parks, lovely for popping into Epcot for an evening drink and/or bite to eat
- Walk to the Boardwalk area
- Walk to the Swan/Dolphin and the many fab restaurants and bars.
- Short stagger home from Jellyrolls which is about the best night out you can have on Disney property.
- The best pool on property.
"Short stagger home from Jellyrolls" sold - BC it is haha!
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We stayed at both the last two years in the same room types.

Beach club 2 weeks in 2016 and Contemporary garden wing 2 weeks in 2017.

We preferred the location of Contemporary and the qs was much better there if you wanted to eat at the hotel. Other restaurants there were also very good.

The room and hotel was better at Beach club but the qs definitely let it down.

We used the pool at Contemporary more as it was quieter than at beach club, which was a shame as we chose beach club for that reason. We thought we’d spend a lot of time in the pool but it was always so busy we ended up using the quiet pool instead which was quite small.

We’ll be going again next year and will likely stay at one of these two again, probably whichever is cheaper as there isn’t enough between them to make the choice any other way for us.

If you know what your plans are you could use that to decide which location will suit you best. Epcot and HS are both walkable from BC so if you’ll spend a lot of time there that may be the best choice. If it’s MK you want to spend the most time at and will eat around the monorail resorts then Contemporary will be best.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Not stayed at Contemporary, but have stayed at BC (and Swan many moons ago) and the location is fantastic for all of the reasons already given. We love being able to amble in to Epcot of an evening and have a cheeky cocktail or two and that would beat being able to walk to MK for us.
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
craigstacey
slightly serious Dibber

I've only stayed at Contemporary and just for the one night in a Garden Wing room. The location of the hotel is fantastic, even Garden Wing, room was beyond our expectations and we loved breakfast at the Wave so much that we came back again another day. Best thing is being on the MK monorail loop and being able to walk to/from MK. At the end of the night you'll be back at the Contemporary when everyone else is still queueing for buses/monorail/boat trip back to their resorts. Will try to get back there or stay at Bay Lake Tower next year.
Chatham Park + Boardwalk Studio December 2019

Craig
craigstacey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve visited the Contemporary many times but never stayed there. The rooms as per UTube look lovely. Proximity to MK a definite bonus. I have stayed at Beach Club and this would be my choice. Proximity to Epcot, the pool and walking proximity to so many restaurants wins it for me. QS is poor but you have the Boardwalk and Epcot on your doorstep. It was a pain with younger kids though although younger kid days are now gone for me sadly!
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I've stayed at the Yacht Club and would give it a high eleven out of ten.

I've only gone through the Contemporary Resort via transportation and it has never appealed to me. The placing, setting and ambience of both Yacht and Beach Club are out of this world in my very humble opinion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List