Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoolah
Trying for More Ears

Gatwick Hotels

Can anyone recommend hotels at Gatwick please? We’ve never stayed over the night before a holiday, but we’ll be on the earlier virgin flight and heading down from the midlands so don’t really want a 4am start and M25 hell.

We’d need car parking too for 12 nights so a hotel with parking and easy transport to airport terminal would be good.

What sort of price am I looking at for this? Would need a family room as two adults and two children travelling.

Many thanks in advance.
Hoolah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There's a few that are walking distance , Premier Inn North Terminal is usually the cheapest but currently I'm umming and erring between this and the Bloc which is inside the South terminal less roomy but has a double and bunk beds which might cause less squabbling between the 11 and thirteen year old !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

We're booked in at premier inn north for August we booked Gatwick airport parking as were doing 18 nights and the premier inn does up to 15 nights package i think
Old 20 Feb 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoolah
Trying for More Ears

Thank you! The room with a bunk bed sounds good. Although my two will inevitably end up squabbling over who gets the top
Hoolah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hoolah View Post
Thank you! The room with a bunk bed sounds good. Although my two will inevitably end up squabbling over who gets the top
I'm sure ours will too but it beats them sharing one bed and annoying each other all night to my mind.
They are my step grandkids and their Mum says "book the cheapest" but as I'm paying I get the final say . She's travelling solo with them and the four year old and is a bit nervous so any stress I can remove the better.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I use Holiday Extras, we are booked into the Courtyard by Marriott at the south terminal, 1 night accommodation plus 15 nights car parking for £130
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Booked in at Hilton. Might seems expensive but you can get a room free using Virgin miles. We use our virgin miles this way as savibg for flights takes too long.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We have stayed at Sofitel, Hilton and PI North Terminal, all walking distance to both terminals which is a huge bonus on travel day with no worries about parking etc. All good hotels, so whichever suits your budget really, we are booked into Hilton this time simply because we got a really good deal on an executive lounge access room.

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Booked in at Hilton. Might seems expensive but you can get a room free using Virgin miles. We use our virgin miles this way as savibg for flights takes too long.
I did the same for our May trip using Avios
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We normally stay at the Premier Inn at the north terminal & book the winter special valet parking directly with 'My Gatwick' also at the north terminal which are both handy as VA are now at the north. The new north terminal valet parking is directly opposite the PI.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List