Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jooobag
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Holiday inn @ orange lake tips

We are staying here for the first time in May. Would love to hear some tips or info on the resort from others who have stayed here. Also any area recommendations.

We aren’t staying in the river island area (was about £300 extra) we know that much but would like to put in an area request.

Thanks in advance.
Floridays May 2016
Orange lake may 2018 & May 2019
Jooobag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No real tips, as we stayed here last month and spent most of our time out and about.

The villa was huge and when we arrived they had provided 3 washing powders, a few dishwasher tablets, a small washing liquid and a sponge to get you started. There is a Dollar Tree, Publix and a Super Target near the entrance for more supplies.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Avoid the timeshare talk, they’ll try to persuade you after check in when they give you your parking permit. Take scissors which I know sounds daft but they don’t provide them and so many packets need them it’s cashless so you only need room key or credit card to purchase on site which is handy. I prefer west village golf Villas but most areas of resort are lovely. Make most of all pools we found north village pool quietest. If you want to eat on resort I’d recommend Breezes or River Island Grill Enjoy

Nicki

Edited at 10:02 PM.
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jooobag
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicki G View Post
Avoid the timeshare talk, they’ll try to persuade you after check in when they give you your parking permit. Take scissors which I know sounds daft but they don’t provide them and so many packets need them it’s cashless so you only need room key or credit card to purchase on site which is handy. I prefer west village golf Villas but most areas of resort are lovely. Make most of all pools we found north village pool quietest. If you want to eat on resort I’d recommend Breezes or River Island Grill Enjoy
I read about the timeshare boreoff. I’ll have 2 young children with me and will be around midnight uk time when we check in so I’ll be in no mood if they try it on with me 🤣 haha!

What do you like about the west village?

It looks like such a wonderful place literally can’t wait to go.
Floridays May 2016
Jooobag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jooobag
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
No real tips, as we stayed here last month and spent most of our time out and about.

The villa was huge and when we arrived they had provided 3 washing powders, a few dishwasher tablets, a small washing liquid and a sponge to get you started. There is a Dollar Tree, Publix and a Super Target near the entrance for more supplies.
Fab thank you. Which area did you stay in?
Floridays May 2016
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We're heading back soon too. Looked at River Island, but decided it against it. We like East Village and the 2 or 3 bed condos there. They are absolutely massive. We ask for the buildings closest to the resort border (borders Animal Kingdom) as you're further from the toll road which dissects the resort and you get a great view of Disney fireworks every night. They are also close to a small pool with a hot tub, ideal for an evening dip post parks.

Ask about your complimentary clean on check in and book it. They'll deliver more washing powder, dishwasher stuff, paper towel, loo rolls, bin bags, tissues etc. A quick rummage through cupboards in the kitchen usually unearths lots left from previous guests, so never had to restock. You also get complimentary tea, coffee and milk portions for when you get there.

You may have to ask for a kettle.. whistling type. Takes forever to boil.. about the only thing I love when getting home, speed of making a cup of tea . We are going to pick up a cheapie plug in one from target. There is a coffee maker, but unsuccessful in heating water

Beds are amazingly comfy and huge and the complimentary shower gels and shampoo is the bath and bodyworks lime, coconut verbena.. it's gorgeous.

Love all the pools, it can get busy on the weekends, especially in the afternoon, but never not found somewhere to sit.

They have the freestyle coke machines by the pools and a weeks resort mug works out very reasonable as you can refill every half hour (I think)

Avoid the timeshare sell.. smile sweetly and just say no.. they'll give up pretty quickly and hand you your parking pass.

Have an amazing time

Edited at 01:37 AM.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
They have 2 Starbucks on site too, one in River Island and the other in the marketplace near reception. I read in their resort blurb the first one is being refurbished at the moment, but you can still get products from Anchors fast food right next door. They do a coffee card to collect for freebies. Iced coffees and Danish by the pool.. yum

They also do Edys Icecream which is really good.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jooobag
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
We're heading back soon too. Looked at River Island, but decided it against it. We like East Village and the 2 or 3 bed condos there. They are absolutely massive. We ask for the buildings closest to the resort border (borders Animal Kingdom) as you're further from the toll road which dissects the resort and you get a great view of Disney fireworks every night. They are also close to a small pool with a hot tub, ideal for an evening dip post parks.

Ask about your complimentary clean on check in and book it. They'll deliver more washing powder, dishwasher stuff, paper towel, loo rolls, bin bags, tissues etc. A quick rummage through cupboards in the kitchen usually unearths lots left from previous guests, so never had to restock. You also get complimentary tea, coffee and milk portions for when you get there.

You may have to ask for a kettle.. whistling type. Takes forever to boil.. about the only thing I love when getting home, speed of making a cup of tea . We are going to pick up a cheapie plug in one from target. There is a coffee maker, but unsuccessful in heating water

Beds are amazingly comfy and huge and the complimentary shower gels and shampoo is the bath and bodyworks lime, coconut verbena.. it's gorgeous.

Love all the pools, it can get busy on the weekends, especially in the afternoon, but never not found somewhere to sit.

They have the freestyle coke machines by the pools and a weeks resort mug works out very reasonable as you can refill every half hour (I think)

Avoid the timeshare sell.. smile sweetly and just say no.. they'll give up pretty quickly and hand you your parking pass.

Have an amazing time
Amazing info thank you! I understand like all condo/suite type resorts cleaning is an extra charge on top but so they come in every couple of days and change towels/bedding at all?
Floridays May 2016
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jooobag
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
They have 2 Starbucks on site too, one in River Island and the other in the marketplace near reception. I read in their resort blurb the first one is being refurbished at the moment, but you can still get products from Anchors fast food right next door. They do a coffee card to collect for freebies. Iced coffees and Danish by the pool.. yum

They also do Edys Icecream which is really good.
Starbucks and edys. Two of my very favourite things! 🤤🤣
Floridays May 2016
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Jooobag View Post
Amazing info thank you! I understand like all condo/suite type resorts cleaning is an extra charge on top but so they come in every couple of days and change towels/bedding at all?
If you are there over a week you should get one clean mid way through when they change bedding and towels plus replenish toiletries and dishwasher stuff.

West village holds memories of childhood visits it’s where my parents bought 27 yrs ago. The golf villas are quirky and a bit different to the apartments. I’ve stayed in east village apartment and they were lovely especially the little pools between blocks bu5 west village wil always win my preference

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List