Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 18, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
you stinker
They are 37 and 40 and have 7 kids between them. 😀
Old 23 Feb 18, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
When ours were smaller DH and I used to talk about and look forward to it. Now that they're growing up so fast and getting older, we're not so excited, but more upset that our holidays with them as children are coming to an end
We're here now and I've had a couple of moments imagining it without my boys... especially when it was really hot this afternoon and we were back and forwards trying to do sorcerers of the magic kingdom, not my holiday highlight! Thanks for reminding me to appreciate their still being little. Will return to MK with fresh enthusiasm for the mini moments
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are child free (our choice) and it's our favourite place on earth. In actual fact we have never been there with kids and don't intend to!

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Our first trip to Orlando was on our honeymoon nearly 25 years ago before kids and we caught the bug. We did go back nearly 3 years ago for DH's 50th for a week without kids as worked out just as cheap as some of the other places we priced up and my eldest DS looked after the other two. It is our 25th Anniversary in May and had hoped to go to New York but as have had various ops don't think I'll be fit enough for all the walking so hoping maybe to go on last minute to Orlando child free again just to chill out and relax

Edited at 09:57 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Me and the gf are early 30's and have been going to WDW for the past 5 years. I've come to the conclusion that kids spoil Disney... I love the idea of taking our 3 year old neice but giving her back the moment she starts to moan about being tired

Disney does such a good job at catering for all ages now, the ageism needs to stop
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We went for our honeymoon in 1998 then went back several times usually week in orlando and a week at the coast.

Never caught the Disney bug though, we mostly went for the shopping, HHN at Universal and the golden sands of the gulf coast 😎

Our son was born in 2005 so we went back in 2008. Will we go again without him.? I doubt it very much we want to go on more cruises see Alaska and west coast and Hawaii we want to visit Russia and I want to see Japan 🇯🇵

Old 25 Feb 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are doing Florida with kids yet again after several kid free trips
This time no1 son32 Dil31 and onlynreason they are getting it paid for
our beautiful,handsome daddy's image grandson and to see yet an other of my babies hold his baby to,watch the fire works at Magic kingdom my dream to have them all their partners and the grand babes and as we were GP very young maybe the GGB watch the fire works
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We do a mix too, but I would never go to MK without kids. We are here on our own now but will be back in July with family and that includes our youngest two granddaughters (5 and 3) first trip.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Buddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Me! Alrhough saying that me and DH are going to Disneyland for a quick trip in a couple of weeks and I wish the kids were coming with us! So I guess the idea appeals but not syre the reality will be so good! Will enjoy it all the same and won’t miss hearing ‘mum, can I have... ?’ all the time. Just gotta deal with DH!
Goofy's Buddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ems! View Post
Well all our trips have been childless and we love it . There’s been talk over the years of friends with kids coming with us but it’s never happened. Not sure I could cope with kids for the whole time tbh as we’re used to not having to worry about kids ! Don’t geT me wrong a few days at Disney with children would be nice but not a whole 2/ 3 weeks. We go to America every year ) not always Florida —- last time in Florida was about 3 years ago I think ) and my holidays our always planned around food so not particularly child friendly ! Last year I did 10 days in America - not Florida with my friend and her 3 year old ( part of a 7 week trip for me ) which was lovely but I was ready to go back to my normal mentality of eat when I like , get up when I like, etc etc .the thing I actually found hardest was the 5 pm dinner times , I was never hungry , oh and my friend going to bed at like 1030 ! Even when I’m in work midnight is a normal bed time for me so I was always wide awake when my friend went to bed ! If you’re used to holidays with kids then sure it’ll be different but still just as good cos you can do whatever you want !
This is the opposite to the trip we had with our cousin and her daughter. We always go just my sister and I but our cousin wanted to come one year and it wasn’t the best. We are early birds, we get up early and in bed early and we couldn’t get her daughter out of bed in the morning even the first morning when you get up at the crack of dawn then she wouldn’t go to sleep. Didn’t help our cousin got really ill for 3 days and we had to take her with us