Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Best character meal?

So exciting I’ve booked us 4 nights for Dec 2018 over our sons birthday. We want to book a nice character meal for him, we did the breakfast before 6 years ago and it was so so. Are there any better things? He will be 6 when we are there and we have an 8, 4 and 1 year old too all boys so no princess ones. TIA
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

Inventions is probably your best/only bet then. You get a good selection of characters, usually a mix of Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and the odd film character.
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cafe Mickey has characters back for dinner now. It's a table service set menu option, though. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Has anyone done a breakfast recently? I’ve been told they are good now but when we went people were bringing their kids up to the table we were sat on the see characters so we were missing out even though they were stood next to us, there was no order to it.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Character Breakfast is in Plaza Gardens now. They have cards on the table saying not to go to the characters, they will come to you.

You get to see a decent amount of characters for the price (6) but I found it all incredibly rushed. Inventions is a much more relaxing, albeit much more costly experience.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Thanks what about the Wild West show is that any good?
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The Wild West Show is great fun but you don't meet characters.

Characters are in part of the show but not all.

If you definitely want a character meal (and not princesses) your options are:

Plaza Gardens breakfast - no personal experience of this but it's basically standard breakfast food and not too expensive.

Inventions - excellent buffet with something for all tastes, and relaxed character interaction.

Cafe Mickey for lunch or dinner - this is only just about to start back, with a new and very pricey set menu. Obviously no-one knows what this is going to be like yet, but I would hang on and wait for some reviews.

Personally if the priority is meeting characters, I'd go for the breakfast. If your budget can stretch to Inventions, I'd go there.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We did Plaza Gardens character breakfast, princess lunch and Inventions at Christmas, and I’d say Plaza Gardens breakfast if budget is important, but Inventions if you’re happy to pay more for a better experience.

We did enjoy the breakfast, and I’m glad we did it as we met some new characters there, but the characters seemed much more rushed than in Inventions. They came to our table once each, posed for photos and signed autographs, then moved on. (Eeyore was in such a rush, he managed to put his hoof in my daughter’s beans, oops! She didn’t notice / care, but I hope they gave the costume a good wash afterwards!)

Inventions was a completely different experience. The food was amazing, the view of the park was fantastic (even watched Illuminations from there when it was on at 8pm - we’d just finished eating, so we got another dessert each and ate them reeeeaaaallllly slowly, but nobody seemed to be in a rush to kick us out anyway!) The characters came round to us two or three times each, and there was lots of interaction with us and with the other characters when they met up.

I don’t think we’re doing any character meals on our next trip as we’re on a tight budget, but if we could manage to do one, I’d rather pay the extra for Inventions.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Looks like I’ll be saving for inventions then haha
Old 22 Feb 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The rumour is the price will go up, because the price for Cafe Mickey has had a massive hike.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List