Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile Opinions. - CSR 2019

Whilst awaiting Disney releasing their prices for next year I’ve been browsing prices on Attraction tickets direct and was looking at the prices for moderates.
Coronado Springs appeals to us.
I know there is construction which is due to be complete summer 2019 but it seems to be causing less impact than over at CBR plus I’d hope it would be just about finished by the time we go.
So 1. Would you take the risk and go for that resort?
2. Does anyone have any opinions about the resort? It would be me,ds (11) and dh. We won’t have a car so will be using disney transport and will hopefully have either qs or full ddp.

We’ve stayed previously at POR, Poly, YC and AOA, AKL twice and I’m looking for a bit cheaper trip this time so don’t want to go above a moderate.

Thanks for any opinions or advice.
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Based on the photos and reports I've read about CSR I wouldn't be too worried about booking CSR.

However I personally didn't like CSR that much (based on a very brief stay last year) due to the size of the resort and the multiple bus stops within the resort. I might be weird, but I much preferred a preferred refurbished room at Pop to a room at CSR...
Old 23 Feb 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks.

That’s interesting about pop, the refurbished rooms there look nice. I suppose it will all depend on prices and if free dining is offered without summer blackout dates as it has been before.
Old 23 Feb 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

We stayed at CSR in 2015. I can’t comment on the effect of the building work but we loved it. We never felt it’s size was an issue as it is so easy to navigate (POR felt bigger to us) and walked everywhere. My only recommendation would be to ask to be near bus stop 2 to be first on the bus route. The bus service itself was excellent, never waited long for a bus to any of the parks. We liked the food court and pool area is quite spectacular. A great resort.
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed there for 4 days a few years ago... it wasn't long to really make much use of the amenities but i thought it was a lovely resort. Our room was very nice. However we have since stayed at ssr and I thought that was better... it should be though given that it's a moderate vs deluxe!

It wasn't super disneyish and had conventioners there which was fine for us as an adult couple but something to bear in mind if you're going with a child? It still might not matter to you though
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
We stayed at CSR in 2015. I can’t comment on the effect of the building work but we loved it. We never felt it’s size was an issue as it is so easy to navigate (POR felt bigger to us) and walked everywhere. My only recommendation would be to ask to be near bus stop 2 to be first on the bus route. The bus service itself was excellent, never waited long for a bus to any of the parks. We liked the food court and pool area is quite spectacular. A great resort.
Thanks, its good to know that the size was not an issue for you and the transportation was good.

Originally Posted by pegal View Post
We stayed there for 4 days a few years ago... it wasn't long to really make much use of the amenities but i thought it was a lovely resort. Our room was very nice. However we have since stayed at ssr and I thought that was better... it should be though given that it's a moderate vs deluxe!

It wasn't super disneyish and had conventioners there which was fine for us as an adult couple but something to bear in mind if you're going with a child? It still might not matter to you though
Thanks, I don't think the conventioners would bother us, we have seen a fair few at the Yacht Club and Rosen Plaza.

I had a look at SSR and it looks nice but the size of it, without a car, and the sofa bed for ds puts me off a bit.
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
elhowarth
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Stayed at CSR back in September for 10 days and we absolutely loved it. This was also our first trip to Disney!

The resort is huge but it wasn’t a problem at all, in fact it’s quite a nice walk around the lake.

Transportation was fantastic and I couldn’t fault it in anyway. We didn’t have a car so we used it everyday. We also didn’t see a problem with not being the first to get off or on the bus because a couple of extra minutes on the bus didn’t matter to us.

Due to the size of the resort, it appears to be quiet when walking around so it’s nice to escape the hours spent at a crowded park!

In terms of the food court, it’s not the worst food and not the best but there’s definitely something for everyone if you want to eat at the resort.
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you, again great to hear good things about the size and the transportation.
The food court at least looks like there is decent choice so we should be fine.
Now just to wait on the prices coming out.
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Mobile

We stayed as CSR during the invictus games. We enjoyed our stay in building 8A close to bus stop and main pool. The main pool had drink refill and coffee in the morning along with a basic breakfast menu. The walk to the main building was nice and relaxing given how busy the hotel was it didn't feel too busy, the bars were busy in the evenings with the invictus teams I'm guessing if there's a conference taking place this would be the same. No issues with the buses. We enjoyed the food in thd foodcourt. We would have stayed there again this year but at the time of booking there was on availability.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks, its good to know that the size was not an issue for you and the transportation was good.

Thanks, I don't think the conventioners would bother us, we have seen a fair few at the Yacht Club and Rosen Plaza.

I had a look at SSR and it looks nice but the size of it, without a car, and the sofa bed for ds puts me off a bit.
We didn't find the size of ssr to be a problem at all without a car, however we do like walking! Can't comment on the sofa bed aa we didn't need it but wouldn't want to pay disney prices for a sofabed...!