Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Feb 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Very good informative post thank you. A little disappointed they don't use any seats for infants though no point taking my own just for a couple of journeys in an über.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
waynepp
Proud to wear my Ears

You can book ubers in Orlando with a car seat but you pay considerably more as there won't be many. Just swipe to the far right to see the options

Just checked and it's $10 surcharge on top of usual fees.

Edited at 04:25 PM.
waynepp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Bit of a warning to non tippers.

Tipping with Uber is still a choice, however the days of not tipping while keeping a clean conscious (and experiencing no negative consequences) are over. Customers who still choose not to tip might see their rider ratings plummet, meaning eventually drivers might stop picking up known non-tippers. Since drivers can no longer be deactivated for being choosey about who they pick up, tipping conventions within Uber may change quickly.

Not worth being stuck at a park to save a few bucks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Groupon.com often has a range of Uber offers on. The current one is free lifts this spring (presumably a $$ contribution/voucher) - recently there were some $10 for $20 voucher offers. Worth keeping an eye on.
Old 10 Apr 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
Bit of a warning to non tippers.

Tipping with Uber is still a choice, however the days of not tipping while keeping a clean conscious (and experiencing no negative consequences) are over. Customers who still choose not to tip might see their rider ratings plummet, meaning eventually drivers might stop picking up known non-tippers. Since drivers can no longer be deactivated for being choosey about who they pick up, tipping conventions within Uber may change quickly.

Not worth being stuck at a park to save a few bucks.
Lyft allows you to tip and should be considered as an alternative to Uber in Orlando.
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just want to say thank you for this thread..
We've just returned home this morning and the info on here for booking the Ubers were fantastic..
We've never used it before heading over there but picked it up very quickly. Had a couple of issues but they were resolved right away so wasn't an issue for us.
1) A driver was supposed to be picking us up after the WWE Raw show at the Amway but ended up on the wrong side of the arena. I thought he was going to just leave us there but to be fair to the driver he called me and stayed on the line until we got the right spot to be picked up..
2) a driver cancelled my booking with no notice which left me stood at Universal drop off for over 20 mins until I got Wi-Fi to check the app and noticed I had been charged a $5 'cancellation' fee. I managed to book another car (actually turned out cheaper) and when I returned to the hotel spoke to Uber through the app and got a refund plus ride credit..
I was a bit sceptical before using it but we used it daily and would have no problem recommending using it to anyone who's debating using it on their trip
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ORLANDO 2017
Earning More Ears

i found this online, it may help you select where to get your uber from after a day at any of the disney parks.

uber/cities/orlando/...-disney-world/
ORLANDO 2017 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Very helpful, thanks. We plan on using Uber during our trip next month
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sinclair
Proud to wear my Ears

Sinclair's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
does uber now pick up from mco airport ?
Old 20 Apr 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ocaz
Earning More Ears

Just thought I'd share my uber horror story.

I attended wrestlemania 33 in Orlando I travelled to the venue using Lyft and scheduled a pick up after the event. Anyway the Lyft scheduled pick up failed to pick me up as it looked like when got within a half mile of pick up area was grid locked and I could see him on app. Called him to say I could come to him if it was easier put he told me to stay put. After 10 minutes area was swamped with people and driver stopped answering my calls and left without picking me up.

I then tried to get an uber and was prepared to pay surge price as needed to get back to Disney. No cars were available so decided to just leave it for an hour or so for crowds to calm down.

I eventually got an uber with 4.9 X surge price which estimated fare at $86 which I was prepared to pay to get back to Disney. Anyway journey from Camping World Stadium to Art of Animation as it was late and I was tired from travelling from UK day before I nodded off in car. Woke up just before we got back to resort, thanked driver and went to bed.

Next morning I woke up and checked my emails to see my PayPal account had been debited for $186! Couldn't believe it so looked at the uber app to see fare for myself and then saw route driver took, it looked as though she drove down I-4 as you would have expected then must have noticed I'd nodded off and added a completely unnecessary 20 mile loop back to start if journey obviously to add to the fare.

Complained to uber and thankfully they refunded the difference giving me the original estimated price and flagged it as driver fraud. So just a word of warning.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
ocaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List