Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Mar 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We loved the frozen ride, but we had FP and I'm not sure any ride is worth a 100 minute with. It's quite a personal thing though...my tolerance for queuing might be different to yours...I think 40 minutes is my maximum I'm afraid.

Other options are an 8am adr at Akershus which is next door. Also, entering Epcot and the world showcase via the Boardwalk resorts entrance might give you an advantage. Both of these ideas are my speculation though as we were fortunate enough to get a FP.

Good luck

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

We went to the Frozen ride on Thursday and the wait times at 6.50pm were showing 120+

I would not do this ride without a fastpass!
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Getting an 8am ADR for Norway in impossible these days, we tried on the dot at 11am 180 days out & were unsuccessful. I've read that entering the park through the international gateway gives a bit of a head start but no idea where that is! We're going to try during the illuminations, have also read it can be a 30 min wait then.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nquart View Post
Getting an 8am ADR for Norway in impossible these days, we tried on the dot at 11am 180 days out & were unsuccessful. I've read that entering the park through the international gateway gives a bit of a head start but no idea where that is! We're going to try during the illuminations, have also read it can be a 30 min wait then.
International Gateway is between the UK and France - it's where people staying at Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk etc enter. 😁
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We rope dropped it in Aug as we couldn't get a FP. When we got there it wasn't working but we waited it out as it was our last day at Epcot. As we were being kept outside in the sun we had to take turns going to the shade and getting drinks. Also popped to meet Anna and Elsa and do Norway kidcot while hubby kept spot (wouldn't usually do this but as ride was down and we didn't know how long for everyone was doing it). We eventually got on in just under 2 hours. I reckon it was 15-20 mins after the ride opened so wouldn't have been too bad if it had been working from the start. Would never knowingly queue nearly 2 hours - don't know how people do it and no ride is worth that.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've not managed to fp this on the day I wanted, I've got an evening fast pass later in the holiday so planning Boardwalk beaches & cream and frozen!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
chezfraser
Excited about Disney

chezfraser's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
The Frozen ride is in Norway right? So presumably you can't get in until World Showcase opens at 11am?
Disneyland 1979, 1996, Polynesian 2000, Caribbean Beach 2001 & 2002, DLP Sequoia 2002, West Ridge 2004, Highland Reserve 2006, DLP Camping(!) 2009. High Grove 2010, Highland Reserve 2012, Orange Tree 2015, California/Disneyland 2016, Hillcrest 2017, WorldQuest 2019
chezfraser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by chezfraser View Post
The Frozen ride is in Norway right? So presumably you can't get in until World Showcase opens at 11am?
Last year when we were there Norway opened at 9am so you could do Frozen ride and meet Anna and Elsa earlier. The rest of world showcase was still 11am.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List