Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 08, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Blackberry Pearl

Thinking about getting one. Does anyone have one? What do you think of it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 08, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Blackberry Pearl

I was given one of these to try at work and it looks impressive, very small and neat. The problem was that on my old BBerry it was easy to type fast as each letter had its own key. On the Pearl it is more like a mobile phone with each key sharing up to three letters. The screen size is also smaller.
I ended up handing it back in and found that most of the others sent out for trial had also been returned for the same reasons. I am now using one of the new slim Blackberries but with a full keyboard.
Personal choice of course, you may not mind the keyboard issue, in which case it is a nice looking bit of kit.
If you are used to the roller wheel on the side of the Blackberry you will have to get used to the roller ball. Initially it is frustrating but after a while you find it a lot more useful than the wheel. My new Blackberry has this feature and I would not want to give it up.
Hope this helps.
Old 29 Feb 08, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
matt71
slightly serious Dibber

I have a 8310 Blackberry a little bit bigger but it has a full qwerty keyboard, Ideal for my sausage fingers. Downside with the pearl is the dual keypad takes ages to get used to but it now has WIFI built in so you can browse the net for free (not using your sim contract) from a wifi hot spot.

What network are you on? cause I am a Manager for O2 retail and if you pop into any of our shops we have a demo unit you can play with.

Hope that helps?

matt
matt71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 08, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies guys. I have never had a blackberry before having had O2 XDA's in the past.

I love these but the send & receive style email is really annoying and I would prefer the 'push' system with a Blackberry. I'm with Vodaphone now otherwise I might have been tempted to try an iPhone. The keyboard may be ok for me as I am a fast 'texter'. I just want the smallest lightest one possible.
Old 29 Feb 08, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread